You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2003, 07:56 AM   #21

Send a message via AIM to Toad501 Send a message via MSN to Toad501 Send a message via Yahoo to Toad501
Default BBS Addresses

There are only 2 that I know of that run the game. One is telnet://seabreeze.servegame.com and the other is telnet://tcbbs.net. Enjoy!
Old 12-20-2003, 05:59 AM   #22

It's possible that the rights could have been purchased for a sum. Who knows?

Anyway, I definitely remember this multiplayer text-adventure from my BBSing days in the mid to late '80s. Pretty fun for us to romp around in, turning ourselves into dragons, zapping each other and such things. It was also known as "Quest for Magic" on some servers.

In fact, I found this thread and your forum because I went looking for it, along with Galactic Empire (another great BBS game), in a fit of nostalgia last night.

I think I may have just managed to acquire the C source code for the game.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:36 PM   #23

Default Source code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctavis
I think I may have just managed to acquire the C source code for the game.
Hmm, I wonder how hard it would be then to extricate it from WorldGroup. (Of course, I don't know what sort of interface one would use in its place.)

Anyway, I remember this too. In fact, I also came here by searching for Kyrandia, out of curiosity. I had always wondered about the relationship of Kyrandia and LOK. By what I read in here, it sounds to me like LOK was at least inspired by Kyrandia.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:43 PM   #24

Oh, BTW. I recall two other games that I played on a WorldGroup BBS. One was named Fazuul; the plot was this: you and a bunch of others get trapped on this planet (in a parallel universe??) and have to figure out puzzles involving assembling strangely-named objects and interacting with alien machines in order to escape. (No one ever seemed to get very far, though.) Anyone remember this one?

The other one had a similarly odd name which I've long forgotten, probably because it was taken off the BBS about the time that Fazuul was added, but I seem to remember that the whole thing was in much the same style as Fazuul. Anyone have a clue about this?
Old 02-03-2004, 04:05 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawson
The other one had a similarly odd name which I've long forgotten, probably because it was taken off the BBS about the time that Fazuul was added, but I seem to remember that the whole thing was in much the same style as Fazuul. Anyone have a clue about this?
Oh, I think I found it. Zorgons is the name.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:54 PM   #26

Default Off the top of my head...

I recall Kyrandia... I think they may have worked on a sequel. I don't know if they ever released it. When Kyrandia was first released, the company was called Moonshae Telecomm.

There were other classic MajorBBS games too - Quest of the Alchemists, Alchemy 2, Quest for Magic, Fazuul, Zorgon, and I think one other older one that never left Galacticomm's place..

Does anyone have copies of any of these???
Old 09-28-2004, 10:03 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceten
There were other classic MajorBBS games too - Quest of the Alchemists, Alchemy 2, Quest for Magic, Fazuul, Zorgon, and I think one other older one that never left Galacticomm's place..
Oh hey. No one seems to have mentioned MajorMUD, a richly detailed combat-oriented MUD which was, and still seems to be, one of most popular games (if not THE most popular) on MajorBBS/WorldGroup.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:32 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawson
Oh hey. No one seems to have mentioned MajorMUD, a richly detailed combat-oriented MUD which was, and still seems to be, one of most popular games (if not THE most popular) on MajorBBS/WorldGroup.
Hey all. I just wanted to let you know that I run a system called High Society BBS that has MajorMUD, Kyrandia, Quest for Magic, and a bunch more of the old games. We've been recently porting some of the older games from MajorBBS and WG DOS to WG NT.

Anyway, the BBS is free and you can play immediately. <link removed>

Last edited by Melanie68; 02-21-2007 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:54 AM   #29

I've been playing at <link removed> and I'm stuck tryin to get a spell.. Here's the guide I use, its got a nice map with location numbers for the main map.. http://www.seiryuu.org/~soi/kyrandia.html

Come join me!!

Last edited by Melanie68; 02-21-2007 at 11:31 AM. Reason: illegal..although I could be wrong but considering this is the 3rd time it's been posted, is it really needed?