You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2004, 02:42 PM   #1

Default star trek judgment rights

Hey guys, i can't get this game to install on my computer. I am using dosbox to run the install program (since windows won't let me) at first it would only install the first disc into the harddrive. it would then ask me to put in the other 10 discs (which i did) but it wouldn't read anything off of them and i would get errors.

So I installed every disc onto the hard drive and the game starts to decompress the files but i always get an error halfway through and installation quits.

WHen i try to run the game i get "could not open dir.00" and the game quits. i am looking for the cdrom version thinking that it might be easier to get working but i just got this one so any help would be useful, thanks!
Old 08-01-2004, 04:04 PM   #2
8-Bit Spritemaster™

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephiroth209
Hey guys, i can't get this game to install on my computer. I am using dosbox to run the install program (since windows won't let me) at first it would only install the first disc into the harddrive. it would then ask me to put in the other 10 discs (which i did) but it wouldn't read anything off of them and i would get errors.
Unless you're running Win 98 or lower, I don't think its really possible to play. I mean, I was able to somewhat get it to run under Dosbox, but it was so slow & jumpy, it wasn't worth my time. Then again, maybe a faster computer might have better luck.

I have heard tell that you might be able to jury-rig a boot disk that'll get you into a true dos mode. But since doing that is far more complicated than I've ever been able to manage (I mean, I haven't got the faintest idea how to get Soundblaster functional, as all my old boot disk set-ups don't seem to work), I don't hold out much hope.

Personally, I'm considering buying an older model laptop to handle said game, as well as a few other classics. Otherwise, I don't think there's any other currently available option.

Sky W. Bob
Old 08-03-2004, 03:16 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply..i'lll probably end up buying an older computer seeing as how every game i want to play takes me hours to get working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Warrior Bob
Unless you're running Win 98 or lower, I don't think its really possible to play. I mean, I was able to somewhat get it to run under Dosbox, but it was so slow & jumpy, it wasn't worth my time. Then again, maybe a faster computer might have better luck.

I have heard tell that you might be able to jury-rig a boot disk that'll get you into a true dos mode. But since doing that is far more complicated than I've ever been able to manage (I mean, I haven't got the faintest idea how to get Soundblaster functional, as all my old boot disk set-ups don't seem to work), I don't hold out much hope.

Personally, I'm considering buying an older model laptop to handle said game, as well as a few other classics. Otherwise, I don't think there's any other currently available option.

Sky W. Bob