You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2004, 12:50 PM   #1
Big Wig

Default Dark Fall Instructions

Hello All,

Today I purchased "Dark Fall: The Journal" and have been playing it for around 20 minutes. I'm enjoying it and all but for some bizzare reason the instruction booklet that came with it is in French, not English.

So because of this I cannot determain what all the different cursor symbols mean when hovering over certain items within the game . Can someone help me out at all?
Old 07-07-2004, 12:59 PM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

I moved your thread into the Hints & Help forum - hopefully you'll get the help here you need.

It's weird that your game came with a French booklet. Where did you order it from? I know this game was produced independently, then by the Adventure Company. Just curious how you would have wound up with a French booklet (TAC is a Canadian company though.)

I have the TAC release but haven't played it. Hopefully someone who has played it can help you - if not I can check the manual that came with my copy and see if it has the info you need (in English!)

-emily
Old 07-07-2004, 01:29 PM   #3
Big Wig

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
I moved your thread into the Hints & Help forum - hopefully you'll get the help here you need.

It's weird that your game came with a French booklet. Where did you order it from? I know this game was produced independently, then by the Adventure Company. Just curious how you would have wound up with a French booklet (TAC is a Canadian company though.)

I have the TAC release but haven't played it. Hopefully someone who has played it can help you - if not I can check the manual that came with my copy and see if it has the info you need (in English!)

-emily
I purchased it from "GAME" which is a very popular retailer in the United Kingdom. I could always take it back and perhaps get another copy, but I'm not too bothered if I can get this question answered. Funny thing is, the box is in English so I just don't know. Maybe there was a mix up the factory.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:22 PM   #4
fov
Rattenmonster

Allrighty then, since no one has responded and I can't sleep, here are the cursors according to my manual:

+ Neutral Cursor: Indicates that no action is possible.

<arrow or triangle> Directional Cursor: Indicates that you may move in that direction. An arrow cursor pointing straight, left or right indicates you will move in that direction.

<hand> Action Cursor: Indicates that an action is possible here.

<something that looks like a wrench> Inventory Cursor: Indicates that you must use an inventory item in this area of gameplay.

<something that looks like a magnifying glass> Examine Cursor: Indicates that a close-up view of this area of gameplay is possible.

<weird martini-glass-like-shape with pointy bottom> Back-Up Cursor: Indicates that you can exit the view you are in.

Does that answer your question?

-emily
Old 07-08-2004, 11:04 AM   #5
Big Wig

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Allrighty then, since no one has responded and I can't sleep, here are the cursors according to my manual:

+ Neutral Cursor: Indicates that no action is possible.

<arrow or triangle> Directional Cursor: Indicates that you may move in that direction. An arrow cursor pointing straight, left or right indicates you will move in that direction.

<hand> Action Cursor: Indicates that an action is possible here.

<something that looks like a wrench> Inventory Cursor: Indicates that you must use an inventory item in this area of gameplay.

<something that looks like a magnifying glass> Examine Cursor: Indicates that a close-up view of this area of gameplay is possible.

<weird martini-glass-like-shape with pointy bottom> Back-Up Cursor: Indicates that you can exit the view you are in.

Does that answer your question?

-emily
Emily,

I kiss you

Thanks for that. Now I can press on with it.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:11 AM   #6
fov
Rattenmonster

Aww, thanks! Enjoy the game!

emily