You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2004, 10:03 AM   #1
Disciplined Breakdown

Default Longest Journey Issues

In preparation for the realease of Dreamfall I have finally decided to work my way through all of the Longest Journey, after several attempts and givings up. However I've run into a technical problem I'd like you all to solve cause I'm lazy. I'm running XP and have the game going in 98 compatability mode. The game has run perfect up until now. Whenever I try to enter the police station to go alter Warren's records the game stalls and kicks me back into Windows. I have no idea how to fix it, so I hope one of you can help me.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:39 PM   #2

If you are going to the front entrance of the police station the game seems to crash on some computers. Funcom has a patch on the official The Longest Journey website that should solve the problem.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:25 PM   #3
Disciplined Breakdown

Funny thing, I turned off the compatability and it worked fine. Thanks anyways.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:59 AM   #4

i tried switching on the compatibility, but everytime i click on the game icon, it tells me that the launcher.exe isn't a valid win32 application. how do i get around this?

Last edited by eissarg; 06-21-2004 at 08:21 AM.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:44 AM   #5
fov
Rattenmonster

Hi, and welcome!

What did you set in compatibility mode? And what are you clicking to launch the game? Is it possible you set the wrong file in compatibility mode? (It sounds to me like the game is trying to launch with launcher.exe - is that the file you set in compatibility mode?)

You could try going into the game folder and putting any .exe file in there in compatibility mode. Also try launching the game from the start menu (if you haven't already) or from the game's .exe in the TLJ folder (if you haven't tried that already).

-emily
Old 06-22-2004, 10:36 PM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to Marius

Quote:
Originally Posted by eissarg
i tried switching on the compatibility, but everytime i click on the game icon, it tells me that the launcher.exe isn't a valid win32 application. how do i get around this?
Welcome to the forum, fellow.

There is no need to use the launcher - follow this link:
Steve's XP Games Corner
Old 06-25-2004, 02:39 AM   #7

thanks much for the suggestion/welcome *grin*..turns out my launcher exe. was acting up. tried starting the game using game.exe and it worked just fine. =)