You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Broken Sword 4 annoying game ending bug (GoG)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #1

Default Broken Sword 4 annoying game ending bug (GoG)

Hi im having a odd issue after playing the game for 3 days i made it pretty far but im having a game breaking bug i simply cant move anywhere right after after the video sequence at the Catacombs(right after the bulb) .

After the cgi transition the only thing i can do is read the latin tablet on the wall im in front of. Ive tried getting some save files but they wont load for some reason, ive even altered the save files so theyre with my name etc and also tried reloading old saves which doesnt help either

Some other guy at the GoG forum made a thread for it where i posted in the reply section aswell. Anyone know how to fix this or is able to give me a save file where George is able to walk around freely in the catacomb?

Btw im not having or had any other technical issues than this

I2500k
8gb Ram
Windows 7 64 bit

Last edited by ChaosHydrA; 03-16-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:04 AM   #2
lost in rubacava

Are you sure the saves won't load? Sometimes they load by date and these are likely to be older than your first save.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #3

yes they keep getting posted as "Failed Loading"

Mine looks like this a example in thee save game folder on documents:

"Save Game - 2012-03-14 - 13-48-07 - ChaosHydrA, The Vatican Pushing on,17-04-29.BS4"

The Save files ive downloaded looks like this Us/Pal one i think:

"Save Game - 2006-09-23 at 22-14-39 - Tagman, The Vatican Pushing on, 12-24-08.BS4

French one: "56 - la Trappe ouverte.BS4"

As you can see the US/Pal one i have is almost similar with my own, besides the different date/name it also has "at" in between the save file name otherwise theres no difference. Ive tried to rename them with my own login name and removing the "at" but ikt didnt help either.

When i go into the game i can see the picture of the new load file and a mini ingame screenshot but it keeps saying "failed loading" when i attempt to open it
Old 03-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #4

the reason the save files won't load as it was patched to over come the black characters for multi core systems. You can only load a saved game file with a gog version or a patched dvd version. I have the save files you need but not sure where you are in the game.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:56 AM   #5

I am at the spot just just after the long cutscene at the catacombs where 2 monks surprise George and theres 14 stone slabs in this area or something with Latin written on them. As soon as this cutscene ends i cant move anywhere, he will just spin around the same spot. Its just before the sideroom where theres a puzzle where you can turn 3 Crosses so they lie in 8 directions. If you have one in this room or a save where George can move freely in the room just after the major cutscene i would appreciate it
Old 03-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #6

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21372568/Sav...2009-38-35.BS4

here is the file, but I found the same thing & to move out of the stuck area hold down ctrl key & keep on pressing the arror key ( I used the down arror) george will run in the same spot but will then move if you keep these keys pressed.

this file is after the stuck bit reading no 1.

Last edited by plumgas; 03-17-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #7

Amazing i cant thank you enough this one worked perfectly. I actually did try the constant run part but i guess i got impatient with it too quick and changed directions too early to get out of the stuck state you mentioned although i never managed to make it out this way, it was really getting annoying to be stuck at such a late stage of the game after 3 days and countless hours into the game. Once again thank you now i can finally finish the game

Last edited by ChaosHydrA; 03-20-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:28 PM   #8

no worries, thanks for letting me know it worked.