You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2011, 02:34 PM   #1

Default Still Life 2-Can't launch?

I installed the game, but I can't seem to get it to launch. When I click on the icon, I hear a noise, but nothing ever happens. When I click on the disk in My Computer, it tries to install the game again. I've been waiting forever to get a chance to play this. Can anyone help?
Old 11-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #2

Anyone? I'd really like to start playing...
Old 11-07-2011, 08:12 PM   #3

If it helps, the sound is like the one when you try to end processes in Task Manager. The kind that should be accompanied by some kind of message, but none ever pops up, so I've no clue what the problem is.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #4

Oh, but I do get a series of errors when I try to start the game from this disc, which I just did now. They all start with:

_OpenABigFileWithKey
Old 11-07-2011, 11:37 PM   #5

This is really upsetting here. Can't someone TRY to help me? I think I need that edited cfg file that's going around...
Old 11-08-2011, 12:32 AM   #6
Filmfreak

Relax. The forum isn't frequented so much that you'll have your answer within minutes.

Have a little patience, and people that know of the problem and that can help you WILL answer...
Old 11-08-2011, 01:08 AM   #7

I've been waiting for years to have a tower that could handle the game.@_@ And even longer for this game, which seemed like it might not even get made.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:39 PM   #8

my version is from steam & it doesn't have your problem.

have it set the compatabilty to administrator, you don't mention what OS you are trying to run it on.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:11 AM   #9

I'm not sure how to do that, but I am the admin. And it's Windows XP Professional.