You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Realm of the Haunting: easy/hard mode?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2011, 05:42 AM   #1
Senior *female* member

Default Realm of the Haunting: easy/hard mode?

Bought it today at DotEmu.com. I'd read in a review that there are 4 combat levels. Easy, normal, hard and very hard. Can't find them anywhere and they're not even mentioned in the pdf manual!

Anybody know where they are hidden?
Old 08-24-2011, 10:49 AM   #2

As far as I could remember (I played Realms Of The Haunting 15 years ago when it was released), there isn't an option to select the combat level in the game. The paper manual contained in the box doesn't mention it either, you can switch between "easy" and "normal" mode but the only changes during gameplay are inventory-related (in the easy mode the right object will be automatically used, if you carry it).

However this page reports that the US version of the game, unlike the European one, allows the player to select the arcade difficulty between the four levels you have written. So this might explain where they are hidden.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #3
Senior *female* member

Aha. Thanks very much for the information. DotEmu.com obviously sells the European version, so I guess I won't be able to play the game anymore. The shooting is too hard for me. Sniff.