You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2011, 10:55 AM   #1
I create. Therefore I am.

Send a message via MSN to jannar85
Default A New Beginning Fullscreen bug...

Can anyone please tell me how to fix this? I want to play it in full screen, I've tried to change the setting file, and the resolution on my screen.

Still, the game runs like this.. I would be very pleased if anyone could help out to fix this. Neither Lace Mamba Global or Daedalic Entertainment helps me out..
Attached Images

Click the name, to join its Facebook Page!

My Games
Old 07-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #2

Have you tried right clicking the game shortcut, going to Properties, Compatability, then ticking 'Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution' and clicking apply?
Old 07-28-2011, 04:20 AM   #3
DirectX Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannar85 View Post
Can anyone please tell me how to fix this? I want to play it in full screen, I've tried to change the setting file, and the resolution on my screen.

Hi jannar85, I remember having some problems with this game too, I don't know if it was the same problem that you have, I've forgotten what my problem was exactly sorry, but It was resolution related, and I'm sorry but I don't have the game installed anymore, what I can tell You is that something confused me back then.

I think the key to your problem is the setting file, but here is the thing that confused me a little back then, don't use the file that is in the game directory, because that file seems to be ingnored, you have to find that file (I think that the name is the same) but inside a folder in your user folders (somewhere inside \documents and settings\[NAME_OF_YOUR_USER] in windows XP or inside \Users\[NAME_OF_YOUR_USER] in windows 7)

Anyway, You could try to make a search in your user folders for a file named like the config file in the game directory, and in that file change the option you want and then try, It worked for me

By the way, in my case there was an added problem, each time I exited the game, it changed the settings back again in the config file, so, the changes in the config file were lost after quitting the game and so, before I wanted to play again, I had to change the file again , so, what I did was to make a copy of the modified file and before starting the game I overwrote one file with the valid one with a bat, or maybe It could be interesting to try to protect the config file, like setting read-only attribute... anyway, I'm going ahead of myself, maybe all this was a problem only I had, but ,just in case, I wanted to write it down in case the same happens to You

Kind regards
Old 07-28-2011, 01:23 PM   #4
I create. Therefore I am.

Send a message via MSN to jannar85

Hi zenger, I've tried editing the setting files in the Profiles-folder, but not much is happening, I have been able to let it launch full screen in its original resolution, but the game shows up as the image I posted.

I'll try again after the weekend, time for bed now Thanks for the help so far! Been able to resize the windowed game, but still, it's not as good as full screen option - My TV adjust its brightness/darkness level according to what's on the screen

Click the name, to join its Facebook Page!

My Games
Old 07-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #5
Senior Automaton

It looks like your PC has tried to correct the aspect ratio. Is there an option anywhere in the game or elsewhere to "keep aspect ratio"?
Old 07-29-2011, 12:31 AM   #6

I have a similar problem: my mouse is not visible on some resolutions. I would just try a few other screen resolutions.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:48 AM   #7

I will post here a working solution, which was posted in the forum of the greek adventure games site www.adventureadvocate.gr . It is reported to work!

Quote:
Well, go to the folder you installed the game and find the config.ini file. Open it with notepad, find the number that says RESOLUTION = auto and change the value in game (RESOLUTION = game). Save this file.

Now there is a second config.ini file located in C> Users> Username (that has given everyone)> AppData (is a hidden folder, to view you must have enabled the option to show hidden folders)> Local > Daedalic Entertainment> A New Beginning> config.ini. (this path is for win7)

Well, it's also open this ini file with notepad and change the value here and the RESOLUTION from auto to game. Save the file. Select the whole text of the file (Ctrl A) then Copy (Ctrl C). Created within the same folder a new txt file then Paste (Ctr V) and save the file named config giving the ending tmp (ie config.tmp). Now right click in both config files inside this folder (and at this with the extension. Ini and in what you create with the extension tmp) and the tab will appear check the box that says read-only. Click apply and ok after.