You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems AV finding malware on Scratches install (non-DC)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2011, 06:02 AM   #1

Default AV finding malware on Scratches install (non-DC)

Hello,

I installed and played Scratches (non-DC version) on my computer a while ago without issue. I let my brother-in-law borrow the game very recently because he was looking for a decent adventure game to tide him over until something else came out. When he started installing it, his antivirus started going crazy saying the install exe file contained a malware named DropTrigger.gen or something like that (we're both at work so we can't remember what it's called).

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Does the game contain some malware or is it possibly a false positive and he can install without worry?

I'll try to get the actual name of the malware it says the install contains and respond later, but if someone knows about this and can help us out here I'd appreciate it.

He says his antivirus is called Avira AntiVir.

Thanks!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:27 AM   #2
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Someone complained about this in the Steam forums as well. This is positively, without question, a false alarm. The suspect file in question is SCREAM.EXE (the game engine).

Keep in mind the same file triggers the warning in a completely different version (DC) published on Steam. So no worries