You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Anyone else ever have issue with Memento Mori?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #1

Default Anyone else ever have issue with Memento Mori?

Hi Gamers!

I downloaded Memento Mori from the Adventure Shop back in 2009 and was unable to play it. I subsequently purchased it again brand new on disc and still was unable to play. Tried again tonight to see if a miracle happened...

Anyway, my specific problem with it is that the character movement is so unfathomably slow that it renders the game unplayable - takes forever for them to walk anywhere and even longer for them to pick up an item - it's beyond frustrating. My computer is top-notch as far as specs and game card is concerned. I have played tons of games with no problems (in fact, the only other game I ever was unable to play was the download from Steam of Alternativa - insanely slow mouse cursor problem).

I searched the Net, but can't seem to find anyone else who had the problem with MM that I have - it's weird of course that it happened to me with two different versions of the game. Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions on how to fix it? Would like to play it one of these days!

Thanks!

Last edited by zoecastillo; 01-06-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
Grue Master

Memento Mori ran flawlessly for me. I am no tech expert but your problem sounds like your computer might not be enough to handle those games. Are you sure your video and sound acceleration wasn't turned down for another game?
Old 01-06-2011, 07:33 PM   #3

Yes zoecastillo I too have that problem.. Its very frustrating because the characters move slow, the pointer moves slow and I am just not getting into the game... I am trying really hard to play it but with the tech problems and the fact its really boring me I am finding it hard to maintain my interest..... anyway GreyFuss might be right. It could be a hardware thing.