You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Turn Off Monkey Island 2 SE Commentary?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
Replicant

Send a message via AIM to inflikkt
Default Turn Off Monkey Island 2 SE Commentary?

hi.. i did some googling on the net and i read a string on a different site that says this IS possible to turn this irritating thing off... but i cannot for the life of me find out where. >_<

the other string said its in the 'bonus content' menu. uhhh... what is that? i dont see it anywhere... on the settings screen all i see is, audio settings, video settings, and game settings.

so i press esc, then settings... and theres 3 screens video settings, game settings, audio settings. no bonus content, no disable commentary. nothing. what gives? how am i just completely retarded in that i cannot find this mysterious ''bonus content'' menu?? ive been looking around for an hour or so and this crap really ruins the game. blah.. anyone know how to disable commentary????
Old 07-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
Welsh Dude

The bonus content menu only appears on the main start up menu and not the game pause menu. It's underneath the "Art of Monkey Island" bit.

Also, you can press A during the game any time to trigger the commentary on or off.

I haven't actually listened to any of the commentary yet, I want to just play through the game first. Is it any good? I've heard it's a tad on the short side.

Last edited by NoirYork; 07-15-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:45 PM   #3

as a old school fan i found the commentary AWESOME! a lot of insight into what they were thinking. made me lol a lot. i also like the interplay between the three creators. everyone has their own style which clearly comes through. schafer is the clown, gilbert is more business, and dave has a real subtle quiet humor. the only down side is i wish there was MUUCH more! i loved it so much.

the ops hate for this makes me cry. its like listening to the voice of the gods that made this genre and hes dissing it. i go cry now. afk.

to answer the question, yes you can turn it off under the same options where you turn on/off subtitles i believe. "extras"? its not hard, its pretty obvious. i dont even know how you can argue it "ruins" the game. does the little "A" sign that appears on the top left every now and then for a few seconds ruin the game? lol
Old 07-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #4
Replicant

cool thanks im retarded xD
Old 07-15-2010, 09:04 PM   #5
Replicant

well i hear ya. it is somewhat amusing and i listened to a bunch of them on scabb, but for my first playthrough i wana enjoy the lush high res enviornment without a lame pop up ever other screen.

Its been so long since i played mi2 that i forgot most of the puzzles lol love these remakes, i hope they do loom too.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:07 AM   #6

Location: You want to know where I live? Are you some kind of stalker?
Send a message via MSN to Marduk Send a message via Yahoo to Marduk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirYork View Post
I haven't actually listened to any of the commentary yet, I want to just play through the game first. Is it any good? I've heard it's a tad on the short side.
It's definitely a mistake to play it during cut scenes but I guess if you want to listen to it you'd have to replay it anyway, though I'm not sure how worth your while that would be as, as you say, each segment of commentary is very short.

I have discovered you don't have to listen to it during a cut scene if the scene in question is in a later playable location. For example, the first one, from the 2 pirates at the beach campfire whom Guybrush regale’s with his story of LeChuck's defeat, can be replayed at any time when you speak to them.