You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
Adventurer

Default Post Mortem in Win7 x64

Has anyone been able to get Post Mortem to run in Windows 7 x64? My environment is listed in my sig. I've upgraded to the SP1 patch and have tried several compatibility modes (XP, 2000, etc) but cannot get it to past the title screen. Any advice would be appreciated!
Old 09-20-2010, 05:49 AM   #2
Adventurer

bump
Old 09-20-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
grave wax

Send a message via MSN to adipocere

Post Mortem is a finicky game. I have three computers, all currently on the exact same OS, which is Vista x32 including one 64bit reconfigured to work as 32bit. This game could not run on my laptop, but is fine on one of the PCs.
I am not yet very familiar with 7x64 but I'm hardly surprised Post Mortem is not working. Windows no longer runs off dos after Vista, trying to emulate compatibility pre-vista probably will never work.

Try this: run in compatibility mode with Vista (x32 if possible as Vista x64 is not even compatible with itself) and run as Administrator. Admin mode is usually the trick to running a lot of older software/programs on Vista. The game should install. If it does not run after it installs, it is most likely that it will require some rollback or another. Check the game documentation to find out what driver/accelerator versions it was designed for.

I wouldn't go overboard trying to make it run, the game has some bugs and requires tweaking on practically every OS.