You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #1

Default I need help with multiple games

First of all, I was trying to play the AGI Police Quest 1, but I don't know how to pull over the car that keeps running red lights, and I just end up following it around across Lytton.

Secondly, in Sinking Island, I can't take Baina's fingerprints. I try to use the fingerprint powder on her and nothing happens.

Third, in So Blonde, I can't get Sunny's face made up. I collect the water, but it won't let me use it.

Fourth, in Quest for Glory V, it shuts down just before the climax. I understand that this is a common problem.

Finally, I was trying to play the CD version of King's Quest VI in DosBOX on my Mac, but it won't play the opening video. I tried different installation and setup options, but nothing worked.

Can anyone help me?!
Old 09-13-2009, 04:44 PM   #2
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

Hi David Mouse! Are you the same person who posts at Mystcommunity? You may or may not remember me by my D'nified name Torahn'kyo, or Torahn for short! (Have you seen Ponyo yet?)

The only game I can help you with is So Blonde (Sinking Island is on my large list of games to be played.) Does Sunny have her makeup kit? If not, she needs to retrieve it first. Once she gets her makeup kit back, she'll discover she's missing a crucial item. Is there something on the beach that can serve the same purpose? One she's made up, she can explore more of the island.

Hope this helps!
Old 09-13-2009, 05:03 PM   #3

Yup, that's me! (And yes, I have seen Ponyo. I took a whole bunch of people to see it, and I'm thrilled that it's done so well, as anime movies go.)

I think I found her makeup kit, and the substitute, but I can't get her to use it.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:08 PM   #4
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

Spoiler:
Just use the makeup kit on the pool of water (the mirror substitute) and Sunny will make herself up.
I'm only a little bit farther ahead in the game, but I've put it on hold temporarily... maybe we can help each other out?
Old 09-13-2009, 05:23 PM   #5

Sorry, I put it down for a while, and I've gone to college since.

I won't be able to pick it up again until Christmas.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:20 PM   #6

Um, Could someone please help me?
Old 09-16-2009, 06:37 PM   #7
I (heart) classics.

PQ1, I assume that as soon as you get behind it, you're turning on your lights & siren (F10) ? After you keep behind them a few blocks like that, the car will pull over with you, and you can just press F4 to go to the screen you're pulled over in.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #8

Thanks, my trouble was I didn't know how to turn the siren on.

BTW, is the similarity between our names a coincidence?
Old 09-17-2009, 07:17 PM   #9
I (heart) classics.

Mine dates back 13 years ad has something to do with a girl. Must be a coincidence.

As for PQ, there's a help key (might be F1) that shows the keyboard shortcuts. But the important ones:

F4 - get in/out of cars or chairs

While driving
F6 - regular driving
F8 - fast but no siren (still can't run a red light)
F10 - lights & siren

While walking around

F6 - nothing
F8 - pull out weapon (nightstick or gun)
F10 - fire gun / use nightstick
Old 09-18-2009, 03:31 AM   #10

Thanks.