You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Have anyone finished Gabriel Knight 1 without a guide?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #1

Default Have anyone finished Gabriel Knight 1 without a guide?

I was wondering if anyone here have finished Gabriel Knight 1 Sins of the Fathers without using a guide or walkthrouh once?

If so, how are you supposed to really find out what to write on the cemetery wall? (dj bring skey moudule) I have read about 5 different guides and no body explains how this information is found.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:37 AM   #2
Pixiehunter

I must say I had to peak a few times, but the writing was something I found out myself.

The idea is that you have the tracking device put into the small ritual coffin, and you want that device to actually be at the place of the ritual. You want to track down the place of the ritual. So the coffin, with the tracking device in it, should go to the place of the ritual.

Dr. John is not likely to bring it with him anyhow (or at least, you are not sure whether he will bring it or not.) So you need to have someone tell him to actually bring it to the ritual.

You may have noticed that the writings on the tomb wall are voodoo related, even about a ritual itself (don't know the actual writing by heart, but it was something like 'DJ conclave today, bring fwetcash' (ignore the spelling errors)). So arrangements about voodoo rituals are communicated on the tomb wall.

What you want to do, is tell Dr. John to bring the coffin. So first you need to address him. You may deduce that DJ is Dr. John, so start with that. Then the actual message: bring that small ritual coffin. Of course the real voodoo people wouldn't call it like that, but mention it by it's genuine name: sekey madoule (again, long time not played, so may have made a spelling error). You learn that this is the official name for the ritual coffin in the lecture at Tulane University.

Combine this info into the sentence DJ bring Sekey Madoule, to tell Dr. John to actually take the coffin, and thus the tracking device.

Hope this explains it.