You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2009, 05:32 PM   #1
Stalker of Britain

Default TLJ Viewer

Hey all. Sorry for reviving the thread, but I'm DYING to know, and I need your help.

I have long since wanted to try the TLJ Viewer. I downloaded it from the site, but I can't get it to work. I know this is technically supposed to be in the troubleshooting thread or something, but I was wondering i anyone has actually correctly used it, and could help me out?! *hopeful*
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 03-04-2009, 10:31 AM   #2
Pixiehunter

It has always worked fine for me... What exactly is going wrong with yours? Is it giving any errors, can you get the program to run but not open files, or does it refuse to run anyway?
I know it works under windows 98 and XP, maybe you have vista and that gives some problems?

I have a vague spark of memory telling me there was something bugging me at first, but I can't remember whether that was about the TLJ viewer or some other program, so maybe if you specify a bit more I may be able to help?
Old 03-04-2009, 12:29 PM   #3
Stalker of Britain

Well, I have an XP, and it'll open fine, but when I try to open any file, it has an error message saying, "Error: OpenXrc-Element Not Found (35601)", then freezes on loading it. It won't work at all! I'm not sure if I installed it wrong, or something.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 03-04-2009, 01:12 PM   #4
Pixiehunter

Hmmm.... I don't recall any error of that sort...Maybe you are missing a file? I'll put a file list of everything that I have in the TLJviewer folder:
ASYCFILT.DLL
COMCAT.DLL
MSCOMCTL.OCX
MSVBVM60.DLL
OLEAUT32.DLL
OLEPRO32.DLL
readme.txt
setup.exe
SETUP.LST
SETUP1.EXE
ST6UNST.EXE
STDOLE2.TLB
temp (folder, which is empty)
TLJ Viewer.CAB
TLJ Viewer.exe
TLJview.zip
VB6STKIT.DLL

If I recal correctly, you not only have to extract the .zip file, but also the .CAB file.

What also may be a problem, but I really don't think it is that, because it didn't give an me an error, is that you try to open a 'greyed out' file. That is not likely to happen when you have the game fully installed, but when you play it from CD or something, so only have access to the files of one disk, and you try to open a file from another disk, which is greyed out in the viewer list, maybe that is giving an error? But I really can't believe that is it

Oh, maybe yet another explanation: maybe it has something to do with havnig either the 4 CD version or the....I don't know...2 CD or 1 DVD version of the game. I have the 4 CD version, but maybe the less-CD-version is not compatible with the viewer.

That is what I can think of right now. Hope it helps. Well...may not actually help in solving the problem, but may pinpoint down *why* it's not working, and then maybe someone else knows how to solve that. Or something in that direction

Last edited by Luna Sevithiainen; 03-04-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #5
Stalker of Britain

Hi, thanks for trying to help. I only have 13 files in the "TLJ Viewer" I extracted files. I can't find this .CAB file...

When I try to "install" either Setups, it has an error message that the computer wants to send the insternet-i.e.-"Visual Basic 6.0 Setup Tookkit has encountered a problem and needs to close"...
Old 03-06-2009, 04:04 AM   #6
Pixiehunter

Hmmm that is odd...that error message is not really helping either. I seem to recall that the setups were not working for me either and that I just tried to run the .exe, which it did, but again my memory may play some evil tricks on me.
As I am not home at the moment I don't know what is in the .CAB file, but maybe I can mail you my (working) copy of the viewer. It wouldn't really *solve* whatever problem there is, but at least you get (if it works on your pc as well, that is) a working copy of the viewer.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #7

Try downloading it from another place.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #8
Stalker of Britain

Thanks Luna, I really appreciate it. I really want to see the articles in the...waht was it called, in April's hallway? lol I haven't played this in so long, I forgot. I was waiting to get TLJ Viewer working.

Collector-It's a geosite site that I got it from, I thought that was the only place. Do you know another place?
Old 03-06-2009, 10:06 PM   #9

Was it http://www.geocities.com/rescosoftware/id3.html and which file did you download? The one I downloaded had the cab.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:33 AM   #10
Stalker of Britain

Yeah, that's where I downloaded it. What is the CAB file named?
Old 03-07-2009, 10:45 AM   #11

TLJ Viewer.CAB
Old 03-07-2009, 01:11 PM   #12
Stalker of Britain

Oh, well, once I extracted TLJ Viewer, there was another folder thingyto be extracted, so I did that, too. Still won't work, though. Luna-if you could send me your working copy, I'd really appreciate it. :/
Old 03-08-2009, 04:49 PM   #13
Stalker of Britain

Hey all. So, I've tried many different versions. If I click one of the programs lower on the list, it'll list some of the dimentions, but not the actual picture, like "Knowledge61\61.xarc|xrc#2".

But when I try to click the 1st option, "Static", or any of the options on the top of the list, it'll say error, etc. And I have no idea what the CAB file is.

EDIT: I've been digging around online for awhile, and I'm seeing that TLJ Viewer won't work for the 2cds, just the 4 cds. I have the 2 cds, is that why? Am I jsut destined not to use TLJ Viewer?

Last edited by Fantasysci5; 03-08-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:09 PM   #14

Sorry, I can't say. I have the 4 CD version.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:28 PM   #15
Stalker of Britain

It's alright, thanks for replying. I sent an email to the creator's personal address, since his business address is no longer active. :/ Had to dig around a bit, but I found it.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #16

Good luck.