You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2008, 03:41 PM   #1

Default Post Mortem Saves?

Hello,

I'm stuck on the candle puzzle towards the end of the game. Unfortunately there's a bug in the game where it won't let me pick up and use the candle on the painting.

Is there a saved game around just after this puzzle? Despite its [heavy] flaws this is one of the most involving adventures I've played and I'm itching to finish what I've started.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:27 PM   #2

You can ckeck out the saves here.

Cathy

http://www.nicouzouf.com/en/index.php?page=list&alpha=p
Old 07-12-2008, 05:31 PM   #3

The same thing happened to me and it may not be a bug you're facing here. I'm pretty sure the game won't let you use the candle on the painting until you:

Spoiler:
have shown the sketch of the head of Baphomet to Bebe.

This got me because I didn't even find the thing up until that point. I had to go searching. I think this game is less buggy than people think, though. It just has weird and sometimes quite illogical progression, so a lot of times people think they're stuck (including me) when really there's two ways to do everything. It was a brave design that clearly didn't work out as planned.

If you have done that then I'm not quite sure what to suggest

Last edited by Dale Baldwin; 07-12-2008 at 08:00 PM. Reason: spoiler tags, not white text
Old 07-13-2008, 01:35 AM   #4

Wow, thanks Orient. I'll try that. I'm not sure if I have already though, as I read about 3 walkthroughs and nothing worked. If not, I'll use Cathy's link. I'll let you guys know what happens.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:19 AM   #5

No problems. Let us know how you go and what ending you get

(and thanks to the mod. I wasn't aware of the spoiler tags. I'll use them from now on )
Old 07-16-2008, 01:05 PM   #6

Hey there.

Yep, turns out if I talk to Bebe again about a certain subject Gus suddenly decides there's more to the picture.

I've completed the game now with the bad ending. I've looked at a guide and it appears I'm missing certain items to get the good ending, but I'll go through some old saves to see if I can get it.

I would write more but finishing Post Mortem, and Still Life 2 coming up has put me in the mood to play Still Life over. I've got plenty of things I'd like to discuss about both games so in the near future I'll probably start a Post Mortem/ Still Life thread in the adventure area.

Bottom line is, despite its drawbacks, this is one of my fav adventures, and the first 1st person adventure I've really enjoyed out of the Myst series.