You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2007, 04:00 AM   #1

Default Belief & Betrayal

Just started to play the game... or tried to, as the circular cursor just doesn't change at any spot on any screen in the protagonist's appartment. Uninstalled and re-installed, turned video options on and of and on and of. Nothing. Sometimes, though, the speech disappears and the sound options graphs don't respond at all. Is the game that buggy?
Old 12-22-2007, 07:43 AM   #2
Super Moderator

What are your computer specs? It sounds like it's a computer issue rather than a game issue.

Do all of the obvious - turn off your antivirus and spam filtering (if you have them), update your video drivers.

Edit: I was wrong. It does sound like a game issue from the posts that follow.

Last edited by Melanie68; 12-22-2007 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:09 AM   #3

Do you understand German?

http://www.anaconda-game.com/forum/v...0d60a653ccee80

If not, you can use an online translator.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Uninstall the codec pack you are using (KLite Codec Pack?) and you'll have your hotspots back probably.

Is it worth it? Don't really know.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:32 AM   #4

The PC specs are alright: it runs the lastest Holmes game... But if it takes unistalling the codecs, there seems to be a need for a good patch. Which is disrespect to the gamers, as the German version that seems to have the same bug has been on sale for a loooong time now.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:04 PM   #5

Well, it's THAT buggy! Yes, with the codecs uninstalled the game runs but... I can't pick up one of the first three objects I need even though I see it and have a description of it. Sometimes, if I click too often, the protagonist goes into the backwards moonwalk. Sometimes Esc stops working. And what the right click's for if the descroptins are given by the left click, and the right one just shows a gears icon?
Old 12-22-2007, 08:34 PM   #6

The gear icon is suppose to be the "use" action.

IMO the game has serious issues (especially with ffdshow), which shouldn't have been there in the first place and it doesn't worth the trouble.

If they ever release a proper fix then you can reconsider playing it.

[offtopic]Funny thing, when I played "Undercover: Operation Wintersun" I had some serious graphic glitches, with the faces of the characters being disordered. Turns out, it was the same codec problem there too.[/offtopic]
Old 01-10-2008, 12:13 PM   #7
Templar Knight

Send a message via AIM to Tomi Send a message via MSN to Tomi

I'm having the same problems, but the 'codec solution' didn't work. But I think the problem might be in the version of windows that I have (I used nLite to make a custom version of windows, leaving much things out of it, like media player and IE)

dmeps, this may be your problem too.

I'll install the normal windows and check if it work.