You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2007, 10:43 AM   #21

http://www.gamecopyworld.com/
Use this link select A-E in the games column and select Evil days of Luckless John in the E section.There is a saved games download and a trainer download here.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:55 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrube View Post
http://www.gamecopyworld.com/
Use this link select A-E in the games column and select Evil days of Luckless John in the E section.There is a saved games download and a trainer download here.
Thanks! But I can't get the game to read the save files. I put them in the correct folder. Help!

Okay, got them working (did a dos prompt batch rename to match the numbers). I'm grateful, as I can now skip to chapter 8. But I'm guessing there was more to chapter 7 after escaping the cuffs, so if anyone has or could make a save just after that, it would be appreciated.

Thanks again!

Last edited by qbertprime; 08-12-2007 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:06 PM   #23

qbertprime you can try and pass the handcuff part again, but now try enabling "easier game difficulty" (you will find it in the ingame options) and use the WASD keyboard keys, instead of the arrow keys.

It works with the arrow keys as well, but when you try with them, the game behaves exactly as you described in your previous post, making it extremely difficult if not impossible to succeed.

I had been trying for a long time with no luck, and when it hit me to use the WASD, I got through all levels in a matter of 2-3 minutes. Don't know why, but it seems that using those keys works as it should, while using the arrow keys doesn't.

I believe that it is an overally decent game (not really an adventure though). Nice graphics (there are some glitches here and there), funny characters, interesting - funny story and puzzles - quests, BUT it must have one of the worst controls I've encountered in a game after all those years that I have been playing. I mean, I almost gave up playing a couple of times already, only due to the awful controls of it. I didn't do it in the end because all the other positive things kept me going, but still this doesn't change the fact that IMO the controls just suck (camera movement acts a bit weird sometimes too)!!!

And the worst part is that in some cases (like the one with the handcuffs) the game comes close to unplayable. I've encountered another lousy controlled part of the game. I believe it's near the end, or so it seems, when you have to beat the tractor race (for the second time), but now with the tractor fixed so that it runs at full speed. I am so close to uninstalling the game again!!! We will see...

[edit]I got through the tractor part finally. I was right, I was close to the end. Finished the game. My rating, based on what I've said above, is 4,5/10.[/edit]

BTW, first post here. My greetings to everyone. Glad to have found you.

A long time adventure fan too.

Last edited by adventurergr; 08-12-2007 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:09 AM   #24
Freeware Co-ordinator

Welcome adventurergr. Thanks for the first post being such a helpful one as well. Glad to have you around.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 08-30-2007, 12:27 PM   #25

Default Traktor Race - is it really possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasko View Post
how do you win the Traktor race ? the keep beating my time .. im on 2:10now.
I was driving a 189,3 and I still didn't win the race.
I tryed to improve my times slowly (in about 9 wins) - didn't help

Does anyone have any idea?

Lupusz
Old 08-30-2007, 12:57 PM   #26

One option is to enable "easier game difficulty" (you will find it in the ingame options).
Old 08-30-2007, 02:45 PM   #27
Super Moderator

There is one tractor race you cannot win until later in the game, and then it helps to take a shortcut.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:52 AM   #28

I am in the first tractor race and got a time of above 300. I always miss the jump just before the end of each lap and I am guessing that it is a shortcut if I would make it. But the tractor is so slow and going through a bend just before the jump so I can´t see how this jump should be possible. Any more tips on this race or do you have to be very good at racing games to get through it. The races in this game feel like the race in mafia and that is not a good thing.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:48 AM   #29
Super Moderator

As far as I remember, you won't be able to make that jump for a while. The races are a complete pain; not sure what help I can actually give, but forget about that shortcut.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:59 AM   #30

Thanks for the reply. It´s good to know that these races are such a pain so at least I can comfort myself knowing that it is just not only because of my bad driving. I got through the race at 235 and now the goal is 232. It looks like I don´t need to win the second race but I am not sure. I try to make every corner as tight as I can and not staying on the road all the time but 235 is the best I can do so far. I guess I will just keep trying because since I could do the first race that I thought was impossible then I am interested to know if I can do the second one. Looks like there is no way to give the tractor a boost every now and then.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:47 PM   #31

How many races are there? The italians always beat my time and I have won 4 or 5 races. I always try to beat the best time by one second so the best time in the next race will be about 3 seconds better than mine. With that method I can keep the best time of the italians within a reasonable amount and keep going. But now it is around 220 so the next race will have to be close to perfect or nothing. I am starting to think that my best time will always be beaten so if it is an endless competitions then it would be good to know that so I can quit.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:23 PM   #32
Super Moderator

You're right. You can't win (yet, anyway )
Old 10-18-2008, 10:31 AM   #33

It´s like this game punishes the player for trying to like it and the developers made some part of the game just to make the people who try it angry. Now I am at the handcuff part. I get two lines of arrows and when I try to press the upper line nothing happens. Should I use some other set of keys for the upper part? WASD works for the lower part so I can do it when it´s just the lower part that matters. Having to memorize the keys and then press them when the question marks come just makes this type of usually boring gameplay worse.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:40 AM   #34

I am new here can anyone help me with evil days of luckles john with the hand cuffs plz help me
Old 08-23-2009, 12:05 AM   #35

Grube when i get to the save game location i click on save games and then i get this greska thing
Old 08-23-2009, 12:13 AM   #36

lupusz then you go to the bar speak with kid then find some wires in a drawer then go to the distilery and fix a generator by puting the wires in it then get some crates or botles of alcohol to a farm then shot some koyotes and speak with rouge to give you the false papers.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:58 AM   #37

i do not understand
Old 11-12-2010, 04:08 AM   #38

Default what can i do after unlock safecode

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinsars View Post
as with any combination lock, its
left to 2
right to 4
left to 5
right to 1
left to 8