You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2007, 02:32 AM   #1
The Quiet One

Default The Monkey Island Bounty Pack

Hi everyone

I received my copy of these great games this morning from eBay for just under £40. But i'm having a minor problem with The Secret of Monkey Island and i was wondering if anyone here has this bounty pack and has managed to overcome this...

For those of you who know, Monkey Island 1 has new music on the CD but the music only seems to work with the CD in the drive. Whenever i load up the game through ScummVM without the CD, i get no music even if i configure other audio devices. I've even copied the music from the CD via Windows Media Player and pasted them into the game folder but still no luck.

I want to play this game on my psp but i can't very well insert the CD into my psp to get the music.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

P.S. How come there's no reviews for MI 1 and 2 on this website?
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 04-17-2007, 02:45 AM   #2
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

According to here the ScummVM Readme should detail how to rip the audio tracks.

I hope that helps.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:58 AM   #3
The Quiet One

Thanks for replying but unfortunately i'm still a bit stumped. I followed what it said in that forum but i still don't get any music. I ripped the audio files through Media Player into MP3 and copied them into the game folder but there's still no sound. I renamed the intro track (17 i believe) to "track1.mp3" but there was still nothing.

I read in the Readme about using that Lame encoder which i copied with all the audio tracks (in WMA files) into a seperate folder but whenever i double click on the file nothing happens. Is there another file i need?

Thanks

EDIT: Whoops, my bad. I ripped them off Media Player again in MP3 format but this time renamed all 24 tracks to "track1" through to "track24" and pasted them in the game folder and now they work. Huzzah
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour

Last edited by DustyShinigami; 04-17-2007 at 05:22 AM.