You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2007, 09:14 PM   #1
I needed a dare

Default Troubles with ScummVM and DS

I'm having trouble getting the talkie version of LA games working on the DS. I looked at the guide at Scuumvm but I have no idea what to do. I've tried open LAME but it pops up quickly then closes. Can anybody help me out, I'm totaly lost
Old 02-08-2007, 10:05 PM   #2
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

I've heard that you get the best results from using the totally uncompressed version of the game's audio. So, if you have a flash cart with enough space, you should just copy over the exact same unmodified data files that you use when you play the game on your PC, and it should work fine.

I tried using the LAME encoder to re-compress the monster.sou file, but the only tangible result is that the DS strains under the pressure of playing the game while simultaneously decoding the MP3-compressed speech, and it caused the frame rate to drop and the game to stutter a lot.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 02-09-2007, 07:04 PM   #3
I needed a dare

Well I did that with Indiana Jones and FOA, but I got no sound...I have no space on my card atm but i'm going to try again later.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:01 PM   #4

I just installed scummvm, had some troubles at first, but I managed to make it run quite good...

I allready tried sam&max and fate of atlantis, both ran fine, and I was able to save/load each game too...

I suggest you download the beta-version, and not the final version, since it is much much better. (I guess it wont take that long anymore before they'll make it final)

The beta-version needs to be patched first, as stated in the instruction notes.

greetz
-fender-

Native language: Dutch (sorry for my English)