You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Dreamfall Ch. 5 Save in XBox (how to import save?)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2007, 09:32 AM   #1

Arrg!

This chapter totally ruined the game for me! I started playing in October, I got an XBox specificly for this game, and within the first week I got stuck in chapter 5, as April, and I'm still there. In that guarded cave puzzle. I've been resorting to walkthroughs and I still can't get through this puzzle. Can never hide in time, never get April to go where I want her to go.

I hate it when I get stuck due to poor play mechanics rather than challenging puzzles.

Unfortunetly this is for XBox and not PC, so I can't download a savegame. Does anyone know if I can import a save into the XBox? Probably off topic.

I still love this series though. And would still recommend this game to others. Now matter how many times I want to throw it out the window.

Thats love.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:09 AM   #2
Super Moderator

I found this page of save games for the XBox (I'm pretty sure they're for the XBox). I'm not sure how to import them into the XBox. Hopefully someone will be along who knows.

In fact I'll put your question in a new thread and add XBox to the title so it stands out a bit.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:06 PM   #3

Hey! Thanks bud! I appreciate it.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:31 PM   #4
eXo

Datel makes a device that sells for like $29 that is an xbox memory card and memory card reader which plugs into your PC's usb port.

I have the device myself - it can be tricky learning how to copy files to and from the memory card using the xbox system menu.

Here is the link to the device:
http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=119

You may be able to find it cheaper on amazon, ebay, or other places as it is not really in demand anymore.

warning: This device only works for the original xbox, not the 360.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:50 PM   #5

Think the best thing to do would be to have a good player come to my house and get through the puzzle for me.

Old 01-21-2007, 07:56 PM   #6
eXo

Check the gamefaqs.com forums for the game - Im sure others have had the same problem and they may have suggestions for getting through it.