You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2007, 09:01 PM   #1

Default Mystery at Mansfield Manor

Hi all!

Long time lurker. This is my first post.

Recently I was reading the FMV game thread and came across Mystery at Mansfield Manor, a game recommended by Nautilus. I visited the site and became intrigued enough to purchase access to the game for my girlfriend and I. She’s a mystery novel junkie, having grown up reading Agatha Christie. After finishing Murder on the Orient Express, she’s been looking for something new to play and I thought this would interest her.

She likes it a lot. She kept talking about it after we went to bed and again in the morning, theorizing about character motives. I think the story is a little stale, with very cliched characters and few shining moments. However, I am impressed with both the production quality and intuitive web design, as well as the initiative to find a new distribution channel for this type of game.

In the first round (after the set-up FMV), you watch several 10-minute long interviews with some of the suspects. They give their account of what happened that night. Much of the video is repeated as we see the same scene from different points of view, but with slight differences. In each interview, a few more clues (or red herring) are revealed.

After the first round, the player needs to identify which of the characters are lying and pick a keyword from a list of about twenty that explains what they are being untruthful about. Although this is a simple game mechanic, it proves to be very difficult. Unless you enter the correct combination of keywords, you cannot progress through the game. My girlfriend and I took notes in the handily supplied online notepad, but to solve this section and move on to the next I fear we will have to scan through all the videos and create an entire timeline for each character.

Unfortunately, there is no help system at the website and my search for a walkthrough has proved futile. I have only three more days to solve the mystery before my access key expires so I’m starting this thread as both a place to discuss the game and share hints.
Spoiler:
Would anyone like to post the correct combination to finishing stage one? (in SPOILER TAGS, of course)

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:08 AM   #2

Default I can help

I dont know if you still want help with this, or anybody else for that matter, but I have completed it so if you need help you can email me at [email protected].
Old 12-14-2007, 02:30 PM   #3

I dont know if you still want help with this, or anybody else for that matter, but I have completed it so if you need help you can email me at............
I havent got the answers anymore, I had them written down but have moved house since and lost them. Sorry but cannot help.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:56 AM   #4

I' m stuck after the first round, too.
I'm really getting at the and of my rope if I have to hear the repeating music of the interviews ONCE MORE
I plead someone for help! Please let me get over this scenes!!!
*kneels down in despair*

edit: never mind, i found the solution - after giving up any hope

Last edited by seagul; 06-27-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:09 AM   #5

Default Hints to mystery at mansfield manor?

Hi to all,

I am not sure if anyone is still playing this game, mystery at mansfield manor, however I just realized myself that there is a time limit on solving this mystery and I am stuck at the first stage answers.

Does anyone still have some hints to the answers? I am badly running out of time

Thanks.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:13 AM   #6

Send a message via ICQ to GRINmaymn
Default Mystery at Mansfield Manor

I think its plenty obvious that your house is experiencing stigmata.

Now this is a rather obvious question, but you sure you were not eating/drinking/carrying something through there and it might have caused the red stains?