You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2007, 03:50 AM   #1
CRV

Default Runaway Chapter 4 Installation

Hello,

I just got a brand new copy of the original Runaway for myself for Christmas. Unfortunately, while installing Chapter 4, it just seems to hang. I'm not sure what the problem is.

I tried manually copying the resource files from disc 2. It seems to work out just fine until I get to the final file.

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:16 AM   #2

Seems like a corrupted file...
Something interests me though - you said disc TWO? Which version is that? I know that the game comes on one dual-layered DVD.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:01 PM   #3
CRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurebesh View Post
Seems like a corrupted file...
Something interests me though - you said disc TWO? Which version is that? I know that the game comes on one dual-layered DVD.
It's the original Runaway, published by Tri Synergy in 2003. Comes on 3 CDs.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:17 AM   #4

Oops, sorry... thought it was a new version of Runaway 2 or something.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:38 PM   #5

As I recall if your doing the full install it takes quite a while. I thought it had hung after a while also. Make sure all programs are turned off in the background including antivirus.
Cathy
Old 01-06-2007, 03:01 AM   #6
CRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy1 View Post
As I recall if your doing the full install it takes quite a while. I thought it had hung after a while also. Make sure all programs are turned off in the background including antivirus.
Cathy
Thanks for the help, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. The problem is with a file, "Resource.m04." Installation keeps hanging there. I found a German forum where someone was having the same problem, but no advice was to be found.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #7

I was looking all over the Internet and I'm having the same problem as I am now (finally) playing Runaway. Chapter 4 runs into a Resource.m04 error on disc 2.

UPDATE:

After going through the Pendulo folder/Runaway...there are two folders...Resource and Dataa which are missing the chapter 4 files. Not sure why some people are having this problem but perhaps we had bad discs that didn't work during installation.

But fortunately, the good news is that by going through Disc 2, just copy the Resource.m04 file to the Resource folder and you will also be missing a Dataa 04 file which you copy to the Dataa folder of where your game is installed.

For those not computer related...go to My Computer and open one window that goes to c: drive->Program Files->Pendulo Software->Runaway. You will see several folders including Dataa and Resource.

Now, Bring up your CD/DVD Rom Drive via a second window using My Computer and go to those folders Resource and copy the Resource.m04 file from the CD to the Resource folder on your hard drive (to the other window) and the Dataa.04 (not the exact name but close) to the Dataa folder on your hard drive.

I tested it and it works perfectly. This should fix the problem.

Last edited by kndy; 04-20-2012 at 12:03 AM.