You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2006, 05:57 AM   #1
The Last Express Fan

Send a message via MSN to chrizkerr2
Default Broken Sword 1 Disc Help

Iam wondering is there a patch that fixes this? The problem Iam having is that Broken Sword only works when it wants to, most of the time it doesnt read that theres a disc inserted and doesnt do anything, but on the rare ocassion it works, surely there must be a way to make it read the disc 100% of the time?

Just want to complete all three Broken Swords again, before rebuying Angel of Death.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:11 AM   #2

Sounds like your disc has a problem (scratches that make it hard to read, etc.).

I think your best bet is to copy all the contents to your hard drive (using as many retries as necessary), and then run it from there (you might need to use ScummVM for that).

(and BS4 is horrendous; don't waste your time/money with it)
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 12-20-2006, 01:05 PM   #3
The Last Express Fan

Send a message via MSN to chrizkerr2

Hmmm, my disc's are in mint condition, not even a single scratch.

Although Iam now starting to think its something to do with my disc drive itself, since I just tried to reinstall Runaway 1, which my disc drive isnt recognizing either

Have no idea on why my disc drive is having trouble reading CD-Roms, when it has no problem with DvD's.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:39 PM   #4

Do you have a burner drive ? Try installing the game from that drive instead and see if that works.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:01 PM   #5

If I remember correctly broken sword can't handle more than one cd-rom drive. Place a cd-rom in all your drives and it should work.