You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Syberia 1 game crashing issue in Aralbad

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2006, 02:41 PM   #1

Default Syberia 1 game crashing issue in Aralbad

Ok, so I'm on XP, exceed the system requirements, have the patches installed and am running in compatability mode. Game has been working fine until now.

I'm in the hotel in Aralbad. I get the "gate" to the outside opened, and have Kate slip on the gas mask. Go to the door.....and black screen. Perpetually. I don't know too much about how all this works, but I DID pull this little gem from the debug file:

Loading game into slot '0', file name 'Syberia Saves\save0002.sav'
Warping from -2 to 42410.Loaded 'AraHotelBar.cmo', Time: 828...Ok
Activation item named 'Ouvrir la porte'
Warping from 42410 to 44010.Assert: NmoLoad: Could not load file 'd: \cmo\AraPier.cmo'
Assert: CSceneManager:: DoPhase1: can't find the CMO containing the scene 44010
..Ok
Assert: GotoScene: Can't find camera named 'Camera44010'
User has task switched: deactivating.
User has task switched: activating.
Received WM_QUIT message. Exiting.
Shutting down CCKApplication.
CCKApplication destroyed.
----- Stopping Syberia version 1.0.0.13, Thu Sep 07 15:15:17 2006

So, it looks like there's a problem with both the scene and camera 44010. Does anyone have any ideas? I always have to hit control+esc to get out of the game and use task manager to close it. Do I need a new disk? I tried a fresh install but no go. No errors during install either.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 09-08-2006, 07:14 AM   #2

Not sure if you've already done this but I had no problem with the game once I downloaded (as far as I remember) all the patches. Although they worked for me, seems some people had problems with some patches, however. Here is a site were they are:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure...l?mode=patches

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)
Old 09-08-2006, 04:05 PM   #3

Thank you for your advice. I do have the patches installed, however. I hope I can finish this game!

Thanks again for your response!
Old 09-15-2006, 11:01 PM   #4
Vini, Vidi, vici

when i played the game i experienced some crashing problems in Barockstadt, so I installed all the patches, and got through that spot pefectly, however, after that my game became unstable at other points, so i uninstalled and installed again leaving out the patches and played the rest of the games smoothly (also XP- exceed requirements)

So perhaps it is the patches that cause trouble for you as well...
Old 09-17-2006, 04:47 PM   #5
Staff Member

Try re-installing the game, run the chkdisk application on your hard drive, and re-install. The problem may be that some of the installation is corrupt, as the debug log shows the program looking for resources that are missing, or possibly screwed up. Also, "Ouvrir la porte" translates as "open the door". Hope some of that helps.

PS. Sorry, didn't read bottom of your post, looks like you tried reinstall. Well, checking the disk for errors and defragging is always useful anyway. Try that.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:47 PM   #6

Thank you all for your help. I just kept uninstalling and reinstalling and it somehow worked. I think all the swearing I did during this process had something to do with it. I hope that I don't have similar problems with the second one.

Thanks again for the responses!