You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2006, 05:51 PM   #1

Default Quest for Glory 4 stuck again

Hi all,

Well I'm stuck again. I've got the broom and the hair from Rusalka and am at the graveyard. I thought the gravestone right next to hers was the lover that I was supposed to click the broom on but the game keeps telling me that didn't do anything. I've clicked the broom on every grave I can find and nothing happens. So could anyone tell me where I find the "untrue lover"?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:18 PM   #2
Retired Buccaneer

First, are you doing this at night? You should, otherwise nothing will happen.

Secondly, are you sure you have the right grave? You're right that the unfaithful lover's grave is next to the Rusalka's headstone. If it helps, her real name was Elyssa.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:15 PM   #3

Thank you again. I wasn't doing it at night. I don't remember the fortune teller telling me that but maybe she did.

Anyway I got it done. But now I am at another game stopping place and I must be missing something.

The barrow wraith with the life draining is impossible so I have got to be missing some kind of magic thing to protect me. All I have is Aura and it definitely doesn't work. As soon as I go into the area where the wraith is my health goes to 0 and I die as soon as I try to fight the thing. I imported a paladin from previous QG and he has pretty high stats but that doesn't help.

I don't know what the book means by magical protection against life draining attacks.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:10 AM   #4
Retired Buccaneer

The Aura spell only protects you during combat, although you must cast it before you begin fighting. It won't stop the Wraith from draining your health as you enter the screen its barrow is on.

Ordinarily, I'd suggest that you run towards the Wraith with all speed so that you trigger the fight and the Aura spell kicks in, but since you say that your health reaches 0 as soon as you enter the screen, this may be impossible.

Dasilva and I have previously advised you to use the script code patch for the CD version, available here, as well as running the game in the DOS emulator DOSbox. The patch will prevent the Wraith from draining your health as soon as you enter the screen, and DOSbox will further slow the game down to the speed it really should be. Unfortunately, once you apply the patch you will need to abandon your old savegames.

By the way, have you explored the swamp yet?
Old 07-15-2006, 10:31 AM   #5

Thank you once again. Sorry I was so dense about the patch. I downloaded the patch and ran the game on DOSBox and it even worked with my old save games. The wraith was a piece of cake after the patch was installed.

Thanks once again. Now I can get on with the game. I really appreciate the help.