You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2006, 02:27 PM   #1

Default Quest for Glory 4 Leshy Riddle

Hi all,

Don't know if anyone has played or remembers this game enough to help. But I'm stuck and don't know if I'm missing somethng or have a bug or what.

I got this game to run using VDM sound and have gotten to the point where I've planted the Bansai tree in response to the Lechy's second riddle. Now when I got back to the Leshy bush when he appears he gives me the riddle in which the answer is Rusalka but the box to respond doesn't appear and then he disappears.

I've read the books and talked to the Rusalka in the lake and before the option for Rusalka was there. I don't know what I've left out or if the game is just not doing what it's supposed to do at this point.

The problem is that I need to get past here so I can (1) save the Rusalka and (2) get the password to enter Haba Baba's place.

Help anyone?
Old 07-13-2006, 02:34 PM   #2
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I replayed it a few months ago, what character are you playing as?

& You should really use Dosbox, I used it with the CD version of QFG4 combined with some patches I think, it took some tweaking to get it to work flawlessly.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 07-13-2006, 03:26 PM   #3
Retired Buccaneer

Try clicking the TALK icon on the Hero after the Leshy vanishes. A box should come up with the option to guess "Rusalka."

If the option still doesn't appear, you may still need to 'learn' what she is - there are some brochures in the Adventurer's Guild which tell about her, and the Gypsies are helpful too, if you help one of them out.

EDIT: Dasilva's right - if you have the CD version, you really should play using DOSbox and the NewRisingSun script code patch if you aren't already; these will let you avoid some seriously nasty game-crashing bugs.

Last edited by ATMachine; 07-13-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:49 PM   #4

Thank you very much ATMachine. That did the trick. I clicked on my character and got the options and got both the Rusalka and the Yaba Baba references. I really appreciate it.

DaSilva I'm playing as a Fighter.

Thanks again for the help.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:15 AM   #5
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I know the feeling, when I got QFG3 I felt stupid because I didnt know you had to click the mouth on your character to say stuff.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives