You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Grim Fandango on XP - problem even getting it to install

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2006, 11:21 AM   #1

Default Grim Fandango on XP - problem even getting it to install

Hey everyone

I'm new on this thread so sorry if this sort of thing has been posted before...

...but I've searched the web and can't find any relevant details. I have a GRIM FANDANGO CD (one disc, not 2 as seems to be the norm discussed on some forums) which doesn't autorun when I put it in my DVD drive on my PC. When I open up the files to explore on the CD I have one executable file, "AUTOSTUB". NOTHING I do can make it run, including all the 'compatibility' settings etc., and I'm stuck at such an early stage that any patches are irrelevant. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:09 PM   #2

First off,there should be 2 cd's. Disc A and Disc B.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:44 PM   #3

Installing the game in safe mode should grant success, that's what worked for me at least, but I would look into why you only have 1 disc that would suck if you manged to install the game but not get very far.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:45 AM   #4
"But... It's Pink."

Out of general curiosity I tried "exploring" both Disc A and Disc B of my Grim Fandango game. I found the file named "Autostub" on the second disc, but there was no similarly named file on the Install disc.
I know I'm only repeating what others have said, but are you certain you DO have the correct number of game CDs?
Old 06-23-2006, 09:04 AM   #5

I installed it and beat it just fine on XP earlier this month, but with 2 cd's, A and B. Thats probably your problem...