You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2006, 12:33 PM   #21

Default Help

Can you guys tell me how the heck to get up the waterfall. I have the pebbles, egg and have killed all the guards. I must be stupid but it's driving me insane. I'm obviously missing something obvious. A little help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:03 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

You have to power up the water wheel somehow.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:04 PM   #23

Default Help!!

ok you all sound like you know what you're talking about and i was dismayed to find gamefaqs doesnt have an faq so this will sound stupid but im in the basement of the border house ive got reza's lighter and ive seen creepy girl pointin to the closet where guybrush used to be. how do i open the metal door or WHERE THE HELL DO I GO!!!! seriously. i need help
Old 04-23-2006, 04:19 PM   #24

So you're at the point where you have to get through the metal door? The solution to your problem is in the room with the security monitors.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:43 PM   #25

Please give me some hints on this part of Chapter 5! Spoilers below:

Spoiler:
I got past the statues with dials puzzle with April in the underground city and now I'm on the other side of the river. I exit the building onto a balcony with 2 staircases on each side, with the prophet on another staircase across the way. There's a big monster thing patrolling the bottom of the staircases, and when I tried sneaking this way and that it always notices me halfway down the staircase and kills me. What do I do??
Old 04-23-2006, 04:49 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yini
Please give me some hints on this part of Chapter 5! Spoilers below:

Spoiler:
I got past the statues with dials puzzle with April in the underground city and now I'm on the other side of the river. I exit the building onto a balcony with 2 staircases on each side, with the prophet on another staircase across the way. There's a big monster thing patrolling the bottom of the staircases, and when I tried sneaking this way and that it always notices me halfway down the staircase and kills me. What do I do??
Spoiler:
Wait till the creature is coming up the left staircase, then run down the right one and up the staircase on the opposite side.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:46 PM   #27

Still can't get the dagnabbit water wheel to work. I know your supposed to put the glowing egg on the top of thr wheel thing. My inventory jus bounces up and down withougt letting me use it. It's driving me insane. I've got both pebbles and the egg. I can't combine any of therm.. AHH!!! Must be something so simple.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:56 PM   #28

Are you LillyWitter from GameSpot? If so, yeah I responded to you over there.

This is Banjo4321, by the way.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:48 AM   #29

Default Help!!

I know i said i was having trouble but im not a complete neanderthal. i can see the other door and the metal one on the screen but cant find the other door, theres not much else i can do according to the xbox gamepad.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:11 AM   #30

Default Help!!

nm me an my small brain jus figured it out. im so dumb lol
Old 04-24-2006, 07:51 AM   #31

Default biting nails

Yeah it's me banjo.

I've restarted it three times. I'm giving up soon. I've read and re-read the manual, I've changed the controls. This is ridiculous. I've noticed that when you focus field on it sometimes there's gray boxes and sometimes there's green boxes. I've tried both. When I go to use the egg the whole inventory menu bounces to the top of the screen and you can't use it. I've tried it all over that thing. Did I forget to pick something up?

Can you explain in detail how you did it? I must be missing something little.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:02 AM   #32

I don't know why your inventory is going to the top of the screen. It shouldn't be doing that. Anyway, this is what I did (on Xbox): walk next to the control box thing, go right up by the wall so that the top part of the machine has a flashing box, press up to open your inventory, press up again to select the egg, press A to use the egg.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:55 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyBehr
Yeah it's me banjo.

I've restarted it three times. I'm giving up soon. I've read and re-read the manual, I've changed the controls. This is ridiculous. I've noticed that when you focus field on it sometimes there's gray boxes and sometimes there's green boxes. I've tried both. When I go to use the egg the whole inventory menu bounces to the top of the screen and you can't use it. I've tried it all over that thing. Did I forget to pick something up?

Can you explain in detail how you did it? I must be missing something little.
When the focus field is on, the green box is the active one; that's the one Zoe (or April, or Kian) will describe when you select it. You need to cycle between the boxes to select the one you actually want to interact with. On the PC, this is accomplished with the "q" key. (I'm not sure on the Xbox) This was actually the first spot in the game where I bothered to go and look that keystroke up, because the hotspot for the top of the pedestal tends to get covered by the one for the wheel.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:33 AM   #34

DanAlt,
Did you have this same problem. I can get the top part to flash green but it won't allow me to use the egg because it bounces so far up I can't see it or use it. I'm thinking there is a glitch. Or I forgot to activate something. You can use the bottom part to turn the wheel which does nothing or you can look at the top to get her to say something like, "This is mechanical I wonder who built it". That's the part you want to put the egg on. I figured that much out. Just won't let me do it. I get it to highlight it then press tab or the scroll thing on the mouse. Then I either left click the mouse of press up to use it. Same thing happens every time.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:34 AM   #35

Do I need to be on a certain side of it. Lt. Rt. or in the middle?
Old 04-24-2006, 09:57 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyBehr
Do I need to be on a certain side of it. Lt. Rt. or in the middle?
I was on the left side (as you face it). The egg bouncing up out of the screen does indeed sound like a glitch.

Here's my exact sequence, FWIW:

1. Stand to the left of the pillar (and right up next to it).
2. Get the top of the post highlighted, either by clever maneuvering, or using the focus field.
3. Press the middle mouse button to bring up the inventory.
4. Rotate mousewheel until the glowing thinger is the active object.
5. Press left mouse button to select it.
6. Select the "Gear" icon from above the picture of the egg.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:26 AM   #37

Yep it's a glitch. Shoot. Do I take it back....guess so huh. You know it did this in other spots as well but eventually corrected itself.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:03 AM   #38

heaven forbid lol! u know they will probably upload a patch for it and if not then it might b jus the game on ur computer u know like FEAR not playin on half of the normal ones and such. or u can go bak and swap it. if its the xbox version then obviously its faulty. but at least u dont hav to wait till may 15th for your proper copy havin to settle for a copy for now.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:39 AM   #39

i'm stuck at the three notes pls post the final solution on the site
Old 07-07-2006, 09:24 PM   #40

hello me again...i'm with zoe in the brain main lab(i think)...anyway there's a robot patroling around there but i dont know how to get in...pls help me