You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2006, 02:13 PM   #1
8-Bit Spritemasterâ„¢

Default Dreamfall Help!

Well, I've hit my first hang-up point & was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm currently still with Zoe & I think I'm in a dreamwalking visit to Arcadia. Not really sure.

Anyway, I've gotten to the top of a water wheel & have gotten to 3 weird symbols which play musical notes when touched. I've figured out that you need to press the symbols in a sequence 4 times (one of the symbols needs to be pressed twice in a row).

Now, I suspect I might be able to figure out the puzzle w/ trial & error, but I hate doing that. Could you either point me in the direction of a clue (something represent on a wall that I might have missed) or otherwise tell me the secret of this puzzle?

Of course, I'm not holding out too much hope for immediate help. This is what I get for having the game overnighted to me.

SWB
Old 04-20-2006, 02:32 PM   #2
Hopeful skeptic

This is going to trip up a LOT of people. It's the only bad puzzle in the whole game, but it's absolutely horrible. The problem is that the clue is time-critical. You'll need to re-load a save from before you first arrive in that world. You can't possibly miss the clue when you do, but there's absolutely nothing to indicate it IS a clue the first time you arrive.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:33 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via MSN to RaMa

The clue is actually given when you first see the cave and the music is playing. Did you notice the sound the creatures made? It has something to do with the combination of the symbols.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:25 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

I'm stuck at the same part. The clue was that far back? WTH?!?
Old 04-21-2006, 02:18 AM   #5
8-Bit Spritemasterâ„¢

It might not help you unless you're a music major. And if you're like me, and have ears for crud (well ear, I'm half deaf). Then, even hearing the exact musical sequence won't help you.

However, I am here to help (assuming I can remember what I did).

Anyway, I know for certain that it was a 4 note melody, using all three of the notes. After that, I'm pretty sure the 2nd & last notes are the same. That should at least cut down on all the different combinations you'll need to try.

Another question, is it possible to listen in on the whispering monks? I'm talking about the very start of the game, while you control the Rolling Man, Brian. Anyway, I noticed two monks whispering, and you get an icon that suggests you can listen in. Problem is, if they see you they stop whispering, and for some reason I couldn't get Brian to sneak.

I'll just bet its an X-Box exclusive...

SWB
I didn't think this clue merited an inviso-texting, so that's why I didn't bother.

Last edited by Sky Warrior Bob; 04-21-2006 at 02:39 AM.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:55 AM   #6
Elder

Send a message via MSN to RaMa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Warrior Bob
Another question, is it possible to listen in on the whispering monks? I'm talking about the very start of the game, while you control the Rolling Man, Brian. Anyway, I noticed two monks whispering, and you get an icon that suggests you can listen in. Problem is, if they see you they stop whispering, and for some reason I couldn't get Brian to sneak.

I'll just bet its an X-Box exclusive...

SWB
I didn't think this clue merited an inviso-texting, so that's why I didn't bother.
This is where teh focus field comes in handy. The monks stop whispering because you're standing right in front of them. If you use the focus field to look at them from a distance, the ear icon is also available and this time it lets you listen in .
Old 04-21-2006, 06:09 AM   #7
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Warrior Bob
Anyway, I know for certain that it was a 4 note melody, using all three of the notes. After that, I'm pretty sure the 2nd & last notes are the same. That should at least cut down on all the different combinations you'll need to try.
Nope, it's the first and third notes that are the same.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:51 AM   #8

Final solution:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Jackal; 04-21-2006 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Added spoiler tags
Old 04-21-2006, 07:56 AM   #9
Hopeful skeptic

Cathy, I added spoiler tags to your post just so people don't accidentally see it before reading through some of the earlier hints.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:35 AM   #10

GregK said this was the only puzzle in the game he got stuck on, so I guess I shouldn't feel bad.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:39 AM   #11

Thanks Jackal
Old 04-21-2006, 03:10 PM   #12
I needed a dare

Hey guys i need some help in chapter 5

edit:nm i got passed it.. I HATE THE FIGHTING ENGINE IN THIS GAME!!!! I was attacked by two guards and the one wasnt even hitting me and i was taking damage!! KJLK

Last edited by Coop; 04-21-2006 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:16 PM   #13
8-Bit Spritemasterâ„¢

Okay, I'm stuck again and I think its only because I'm missing something. I'm in the museum, and I think I need to set off the alarm & pin it on the little kid.

Thing is, I can't figure out how to do that. I've given gum to the kid, and annoyed the guard several times. I'd like to be able to set the alarm off when the guard is at his most distant position, but I can never really tell where he is.

SWB
Old 04-21-2006, 07:54 PM   #14
Hopeful skeptic

The kid seems to have a penchant for trouble. Maybe he'll do it for you if you asked nicely.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:09 PM   #15
Som

Hey.

I think i got stuck in the tunnel in arcadia, in underground lost city, where you have those ancient beings statues and you probably have to make a combo, i don't know. I would appreciate some help.

Thans
Old 04-22-2006, 12:15 PM   #16
Hopeful skeptic

Yeah, that's a pretty confusing section. The first thing you need to do is follow the creature who's wandering around down there. He'll lead you to a hidden area where you'll find the clue you need for matching the symbols.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:13 AM   #17
Som

This is the end... ????? You dont finish anything for cryin out loud... Does this mean that there will be a Dreamfall 2 or something couse i dont get it.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:55 AM   #18

I'm stuck at the top of the waterfall, I have 2 pebbles...

I can;t find this music puzzle anywhere =\
Old 04-23-2006, 11:57 AM   #19

You forgot your light source back at the water wheel.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:59 AM   #20

bah thanks