You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems Keepsake German demo - Cannot load mesh \character\mustavio\mustavio.cal3d

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2005, 11:10 PM   #1
fov
Rattenmonster

Default Keepsake German demo - Cannot load mesh \character\mustavio\mustavio.cal3d

Anyone else having this problem?

I downloaded the German demo and installed it. Tried to launch, got a Starforce notice (why would a demo need Starforce protection? ), rebooted my computer (actually, clicked Ja and it rebooted for me) and then when I try to launch the Keepsake demo I get the jester picture with the blue bar at the bottom of the screen, and once the bar fills all the way up I get an error message that says "Cannot load mesh \character\mustavio\mustavio.cal3d." A Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library box opens up and the screen goes black. The only way for me to get out of this is to go into the task manager and kill the demo.

I looked in the demo folder and there is a mustavio.cal3d file inside res\character\mustavio. I even tried creating a folder called "mesh " and copying the character folder into it, but that didn't work. The specs for this game are fairly low and my computer exceeds them. I have a Geforce2 MX video card with 64 MB of RAM... looks from the Wicked site like that should be sufficient.

Any ideas? I'd like to try the demo out, even if I don't understand the language.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:25 AM   #2
Dungeon Master

Odd. Not only I haven't had this problem, but I can't remember Starforce warning popping up. *scratches head*

Maybe your download was corrupted somehow? I don't know if it helps, but here is my version of mustavio.cal3d file if you want to try it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mustavio.zip (643 Bytes, 110 views)
Old 12-13-2005, 10:44 AM   #3
fov
Rattenmonster

Thanks for that. I'll try tonight. The mustavio.cal3d I have is only 3k. I suppose I could uninstall and download it again. I'm trying to remember where I downloaded it from, but can't. It was one of the links on that Blue's News item but I forget which.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:48 AM   #4
Dungeon Master

I got mine from gamershell.