You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2005, 02:59 PM   #1

Default Cant get Still Life to load

I have purchased Still Life about a week ago. I installed it with no problems at all, but I cant get the game to load, my computer just freezes. I dont get any type of loading screen, or any other indication of the game loading, other than the hour glass icon next to my pointer, which is useless seems as it is frozen and cant move it. I have to reboot my computer, and I try agin to no avail. My computer exceeds the recommended requirements by quite a bit. I have tried to run the game in a differnet compatablity mode (as recommended on the trouble shooting section of the developers website), but I just get a message saying that it is impossible to run this game in that compatibility mode. I have even went to the forums and their website and found a few other people with the same problem. It seems that everyone that it happens to, has Windows XP 64 edition, with an Athlon 64. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and was able to fix it, or if anyone else has any other ideas.

P.S. I already tried tech support and they haven't replied.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:18 PM   #2

It's gotta be an incompatibility with the OS. I also have an Athlon 64 chip, but the regular version of Windows XP and the game runs fine for me.