You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2005, 12:18 PM   #1
Roman5

Default Hints please for voyage

No spoilers yet please, just, can you guide me a little. I've done the bit with playing melodies on the organ and am underground where the exploding mushrooms are, the elevator, the chlorine, the 2 sleeping aliens, and the device on the wall where there are 3 etched calculations to the left as a clue.

I can't progress. I've tried various combinations of those 4 numbers but nothing because I'm not sure how those etched clues work other than seeing that they add up correctly. The clues show 3 numbers and a gap and the machine has 4 windows for numbers. I've also looked at the 5 colour pad below the aliens entrance on another part of the moon but can't figure that out yet. I know it's something to do with a sequence of colours connected with some ideograms, but, hmm. Thing is I'm not sure how linear the game is right now. Can lots of different things be solved or am I meant to be only solving one particular thing before anything else is solvable? Also, I have no idea what to do with the exploding shrooms, they don't seem to combine with anything and of course they pop very fast. What should I be focusing on?

Old 09-19-2005, 01:44 PM   #2
Roar?

I don't think you did finish the organ puzzle...try it one more time.

As for the calculation puzzle, take a good look around you.

The five colour "pad" probably should be what you concentrate on first. Again, take a good look around you for clues. You shouldn't have to move from the spot you're in.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:56 PM   #3
Roman5

Yeah, the last time I loaded the game I did the organ puzzle again since the door was closed and a different screen came up with a dialogue about an alien coming out. I saved after that. Maybe that's what you're talking about but I'll try it again to see if there's anything else. Calculations, hmm, well there's numbers on the floor, maybe I should be thinking about those and not just the ones on the wall.

I did see some drawings on the rock walls near the 5 colour pad, I'll check it out properly. Thanks for your help Stoofa.

Old 09-19-2005, 02:49 PM   #4
Roman5

Well you're right, I hadn't finished the organ puzzle and now all aliens have left that underground area. Still can't make any headway on anything else. The number on the floor right under the calculation machine appears to be 6, and 6 seems to be common to all the calculations on the wall. An alien at the entrance above the colour pad sings 3 notes which are different from the notes that go with the 3 ideograms painted on the rock next to it. Lol, I dunno, I'll keep trying.

Old 09-19-2005, 03:05 PM   #5
fov
Rattenmonster

The game is extremely non-linear, so don't worry about solving things in a certain order.

Keep playing with that colored pad thing. Stoofa's right, just look around from that location, and you'll get a clue about what you're supposed to do. You might also want to send the aliens back downstairs to sleep (so you can get past that guy at the top of the mountain), or try to find another way to get around him.

The math down where the aliens were sleeping is a little more complicated, and you don't necessarily need to do it right now.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:15 PM   #6
Roman5

Thanks fov. Lol, well before I got all those aliens out of their sleep, that guy at the top near the pads had actually gone so I need to reverse everything now.

About the coloured pad. I've looked at the wall next to it and I see 3 patterns from 3 of the organ buttons. I can't see how that fits into the 5 colours of the pad yet. I also see drawings of what look like mushrooms and one of the plants. I did already plant one which created a shortcut climbing stalk to the top.

Old 09-19-2005, 03:18 PM   #7
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman5
Thanks fov. Lol, well before I got all those aliens out of their sleep, that guy at the top near the pads had actually gone so I need to reverse everything now.
If you don't want to go through all that again, there is another way to do it...

Spoiler:
Have you tried feeding him?
Old 09-19-2005, 03:19 PM   #8
Roman5

Ooh, ok, I'll try that.

Btw, I did an edit in my above reply, I added a bit.

Old 09-19-2005, 03:26 PM   #9
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
About the coloured pad. I've looked at the wall next to it and I see 3 patterns from 3 of the organ buttons. I can't see how that fits into the 5 colours of the pad yet.
You're looking in the wrong place. Stand with the pad thing right in front of you and look ahead at the crater. That might give you a clue.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:36 PM   #10
Roman5

Wow! I have to say ( sadly) that I would never have got that. That is one of the coolest things I've seen in a game because the answer is staring me in the face and I didn't even know it, along with the distraction of the wall drawings which are sort of red herrings really. Well, same solution doesn't work for the 2nd cog, so I'll have a go at that now. Thanks fov.

Well I have a bunch of cogs now. Finding a food of high delicacy for him is tricky, I've tried a few combos. Might be easier to go the organ route again

Last edited by Roman5; 09-19-2005 at 03:49 PM.

Old 09-19-2005, 05:08 PM   #11
Roar?

Quote:
Well I have a bunch of cogs now. Finding a food of high delicacy for him is tricky, I've tried a few combos. Might be easier to go the organ route again
Try reading what your inventory says about the cogs!

PS: Don't forget to read your log and blurbs on inventory items often, there's lots of helpful information there.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:48 PM   #12
Roman5

Yeah, I've only just seen a lot of info that's in there including some stuff about the number system. Well, I've progressed and entered the main building by using a cog. Have done the puzzle where you slide the picture around and move the arms and legs accordingly and a draw opened up with a control panel which I've fixed to the machine. But I still need a new uncracked mirror.
Anyway, I'm in necropolis, opened the sarcophagus, and also the cask with the human remains, and picked up every item. Trying to unlock the gate now but I don't follow the logic of the 10 buttons. I know what number each button represents as 3, 4, 5 and 6 were identified in the log but the log doesn't appear to give any more clues. I can't see any clues in my surroundings. I've gotten the gold dome to half open but next press it closes again. I'm wracking my brain to find the logic behind this one. I'm sure it's very simple and I'm overlooking something?

Old 09-19-2005, 09:22 PM   #13
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
I'm sure it's very simple and I'm overlooking something?
Think back to first grade arithmetic.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:09 AM   #14
Roman5

I'd rather not! Me + numbers = uh oh!

But seriously, haha, after a little while it dawned on me and I got it. \o/

Last edited by Roman5; 09-20-2005 at 05:04 AM.