You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2005, 04:52 AM   #1

Default Martin Mystère Machete Problem

Hi,

Diane has the machete but she will not use it. I keep clicking on the head that is covered in vines on the left, but she can't seem to use it. I even tried it on the structure on the right and the same thing, I can't seem to get her to use it. What am I doing wrong?
Old 09-07-2005, 06:59 AM   #2

That's weird, I don't remember haveing any problems there. Make sure you looked at the heads before trying the machete, and also make sure you use the machete on the vines themselves and not on the statues. That's all I can think of.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:49 AM   #3
Kate's lover

Send a message via ICQ to hj2004

Seems to me you are using it at wrong place. You need to use it on plants to the left and right side of blocked entrance.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:45 AM   #4

Default Martin Mystere Machete Problem - got around it

Quote:
Originally Posted by hj2004
Seems to me you are using it at wrong place. You need to use it on plants to the left and right side of blocked entrance.
I ran into this too, couldn't get by it. But it does NOT appear to be a simple problem of WHERE to click, but some weird bug in the game.

I backed up to a previous saved game (just before Martin gets in the stone boat and travels back to Dianna as a ghost). The only things I did differently from my first attempt were (and I have no idea which might have been the trigger for the problem:

1. During the house search for Martin's note, I picked up a battery on the floor of the study. Never DID anything with it, just found it and like everything else, picked it up 'just in case'.

2. At the temple, I picked up the machete BEFORE climbing the stairs. Previously I went up, then came back down and found it, then went back up again.

I hope this gets you by the problem as well.

George