You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Hint Requests and Technical Problems need help installing Atlantis Evolution

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2005, 10:26 AM   #1

Default need help installing Atlantis Evolution

I cannot install this game. first off the only way I could get an install screen to show was to copy disc one to the hard drive and run setup.exe from there.
once that is done everything goes along fine (default dir selected) till I reach the following file and everything stops.
generique.bik

this file gives the following
Error 1335: the cabinet file 'Data1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt
and cannot be be used. this could indicate network error, an error reading from the cd-rom, or a problem with the package.
Abort Retry Ignore

this happens no matter how many time I try to install. could someone tell what to do.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:04 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar
I cannot install this game. first off the only way I could get an install screen to show was to copy disc one to the hard drive and run setup.exe from there.
once that is done everything goes along fine (default dir selected) till I reach the following file and everything stops.
generique.bik

this file gives the following
Error 1335: the cabinet file 'Data1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt
and cannot be be used. this could indicate network error, an error reading from the cd-rom, or a problem with the package.
Abort Retry Ignore

this happens no matter how many time I try to install. could someone tell what to do.

Alright, first off, I'll have you know I actually (because anonymous messages aren't allowed) went through the brief hassle of signing up for this board which I'll likely never visit again. THAT being said and out of the way. Here's what solved my problem:
1) If you have installed the demo (what I believe is causing the trouble... perhaps not, but still) delete it using the utility in the start menu inside of its folder
2) Go into 'My Documents' and delete the folder Atari
3) Empty the recycle bin, and reboot. It solved my trouble with this error code and I SINCERELY hope it fixes yours as well.