You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2005, 02:39 PM   #1
Party On Dudes

Default X-Box Live

I'm not sure if there is an existing thread (delete and send me a PM if it's the case) but does anyone have x-box live? if so i would like to play with you in Counter-Strike cause all my other friends are obnoxious. just post your gamer tag below (or send me a pm or something) if your interested. if there are any good Xbox live games then please mention them here too.

CS is my favourite but Rainbow Six 3 is good too. Doom 3 is off key on multiplayer but no-one really has it.
except my friend Gary.

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 06-20-2005, 02:48 PM   #2
SamNMax

I have Rainbow Six 3 and Counter Strike, but I doubt I'll play them again for a LONG while. If I ever get interested, I'll give you my gamer tag.

Old 06-20-2005, 02:49 PM   #3
Party On Dudes

Cheers! Anyone else want to put me down gently?

Old 06-22-2005, 10:01 AM   #4

If i had an xbox and i had xbox live i would challenge you cos i know i will win no matter what lol
Old 06-22-2005, 10:15 AM   #5
Party On Dudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttyGal
If i had an xbox and i had xbox live i would challenge you cos i know i will win no matter what lol
oh really? hows about we test your theory in a game of...

The Mini Game!!

Old 06-22-2005, 10:17 AM   #6

yeah ok wot mini game are you talkin about lol
Old 06-22-2005, 10:22 AM   #7
Party On Dudes

lol the one where you - lol - kick my a** lol

Old 06-22-2005, 11:17 AM   #8
merely human

Sorry, I have Xbox but I don't subscribe to Live. There just aren't any online games it has that I'm interested in. Instead, I'm waiting for the 360, which is supposed to have 2 tier Live service - the silver tier is free and offers basic services, downloads and arcade/casual games; the gold tier is paid subscription and offers everything, including 24/7 online gaming. On weekends the online gaming is to be free.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-22-2005, 11:34 AM   #9
Party On Dudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Sorry, I have Xbox but I don't subscribe to Live. There just aren't any online games it has that I'm interested in. Instead, I'm waiting for the 360, which is supposed to have 2 tier Live service - the silver tier is free and offers basic services, downloads and arcade/casual games; the gold tier is paid subscription and offers everything, including 24/7 online gaming. On weekends the online gaming is to be free.
but on xbox live every second of every day is free! plus the 360 is another load of cash you gonna have to fork out. pay ÂŁ40 and get a years worth of counter strike! it's all i ever play! except doom 3 co-op that is.

Old 06-22-2005, 12:17 PM   #10
merely human

Yeah, but like I said, there really are no games right now for it I'm interested in playing online. The Live kit costs $70 here in the States - I can't afford it right now and even if I could I can't justify paying for it because I would rarely use it.

So that's why I'll wait for the 360 and its free silver tier Live service. I don't mind gaming online only on the weekends, I don't see myself doing it that much anyway.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-22-2005, 01:04 PM   #11
Homer of Kittens

Ah whatever... PC gaming has free online gaming on all tiers: silver, gold, platinium, purple, pink, yellow, maroon, brown, azure, and rainbow. You want casual, play Yahoo! Games or MSN Games. You want more hardcore, play BF2, or Guild Wars.

I don't believe you get charged to play online when you can just log onto the internet and play for free. Way to go consoles

Firefox rules
Old 06-22-2005, 01:12 PM   #12
Epinionated.

Haven't used my Guild Wars account for a while, but it's there and it's casual. Well, I find it quite casual gaming.

BF2 is a must have though, if you've got the PC to run it. Mine arrives tomorrow!

*squeals*

Dammit, we gotta get a TS server and chat together, if only for AG'ers CLAN use. Teehee. AGERS CLAN.

=Ag3R2= Squarejawhero
Old 06-22-2005, 01:14 PM   #13
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
=Ag3R2=
I can't possibly play with someone with that player name.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:40 PM   #14

Ahh not a lot of people want to play with you lol
Old 06-22-2005, 05:58 PM   #15
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Ah whatever... PC gaming has free online gaming on all tiers: silver, gold, platinium, purple, pink, yellow, maroon, brown, azure, and rainbow. You want casual, play Yahoo! Games or MSN Games. You want more hardcore, play BF2, or Guild Wars.

I don't believe you get charged to play online when you can just log onto the internet and play for free. Way to go consoles
Not only that, but XBox Live is a poor man's PC online anyway... And I know because I play it a lot with a buddy of mine who has a Macintosh instead of a PC...it's infuriating. Consoles are left in the dark ages within 6 months of release.