You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Yay for Doublefine!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2005, 12:12 PM   #21
use post with thread

Send a message via AIM to Robin

My autographed copy was ordered a couple weeks ago, but doublefine was out of pc copies so it's expected to ship some time the week of 7/18 :(

Question to everyone who ordered the autographed version: does tim directly copy whatever special message you leave in the field? or did he write something different and hilarious? I couldnt think of anything clever so i just wrote "I love Tim Schafer!" in the message box.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:32 PM   #22
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin
Question to everyone who ordered the autographed version: does tim directly copy whatever special message you leave in the field? or did he write something different and hilarious? I couldnt think of anything clever so i just wrote "I love Tim Schafer!" in the message box.
I only got the autographed poster (rather than the game), and I didn't write anything in the special instructions field. He wrote the "You are cold-blooded killer but it takes all kinds to make a world." If I had considered the possibility that it would be a more personalized response to something I had written, I would have put something down in that section. So I don't know. But Tim didn't leave my poster blank just because I left the field blank.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:57 PM   #23
Barroom hero

Unfortunately I'm not sure Psychonauts will be published in Europe... sigh...
Old 07-18-2005, 05:31 PM   #24
use post with thread

Send a message via AIM to Robin

OH THIS IS JUST FANTASTIC

Quote:
Dear DF Shop Customer,

Thanks for your recent order with the Double Fine Shop. We are currently backordered on Psychonauts - PC Version. We expect a product shipment August 2nd. We have gone ahead and shipped the other items in your order and will send this item as soon as it becomes available.

Thanks for all your support! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about your order.

Thanks,
Daniel Phelps
DF Shop
:(((((((((((((((!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

youve got a date with some tearstains , keyboard
Old 07-19-2005, 10:03 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramboi
Unfortunately I'm not sure Psychonauts will be published in Europe... sigh...
According to Eurogamer, there are plans to release it over here. And the news section of the Psychonauts website seems to suggest so too. YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyy..yyyyy...y?

The thing is, I've got the strong impression that the plans for a PAL release are a mere afterthought("Hey guys, our game's been published. Good work, let's pack up our things and - Oh wait! Do you think we should think about the other countries?") That Eurogamer article, over five weeks after the American release, was the first indication that we'd see it over here(barring the typically dubious estimates by the online retailers). Even now, we still haven't got a confirmed release date! This is massively inconsiderate and I really think we deserve better. Especially since most of the initial sales of GF were on this side of the Atlantic.

Technically, I shouldn't be all that bothered as I've already imported the PC game, but it's the principle of the thing.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:10 AM   #26

What's the word on the sales of Psychonauts anyway?

I read something on The Thumb about them being pretty bad, but I wonder if that's accurate... I imagine if they have been disappointing going to Europe could helps sales a lot.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:57 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo
What's the word on the sales of Psychonauts anyway?

I read something on The Thumb about them being pretty bad, but I wonder if that's accurate... I imagine if they have been disappointing going to Europe could helps sales a lot.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/ps...s_6128338.html

Not to good.
Hope it arrives Europe someday!!
Old 07-25-2005, 04:11 PM   #28
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco
Christmas? That would be fitting. I spent my entire christmas holidays on playing Grim Fandango in 1998. Sigh.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:51 PM   #29
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/ps...s_6128338.html

Not to good.
The question is: What are they waiting for? Or do they consider to not release it here at all? Don't they want to sell more games???