You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Yeah, I'm a Loser

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2005, 04:52 PM   #21
SamNMax

I'm sorry, too. I overreacted.

Old 06-12-2005, 05:11 PM   #22
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

There's nothing wrong with a little bit of silliness around here! It's different than immaturity. At least that's what I tell myself so I don't feel like a loser...

hehe...
Old 06-12-2005, 05:18 PM   #23
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwking4
There's nothing wrong with a little bit of silliness around here! It's different than immaturity. At least that's what I tell myself so I don't feel like a loser...

hehe...

Who cares?
You're a loser anyway

Old 06-12-2005, 06:01 PM   #24
Jack Bauer loves you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71
Who cares?
You're a loser anyway

I'm not a loser! I'm just losing.

At least I don't work there.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:20 PM   #25
merely human

Okay guys, I hope you all got that hilarity off your chests and can now move on.

For me, I want only one copy of a game, no matter how orgasmically awesome it is. Why? because for the other $100 otherwise spent on two other copies for two other platforms, I could buy two OTHER games. Ever thought of it that way, SamNMax?

The only way I would buy another copy of the same game for another platform is if that version offered a SIGNIFICANT amount of brand new content. Like ten new levels, a few new playable characters, etc. etc. I might do that with Fable. I might sell my Xbox copy of Fable and the money would help pay for the PC version, which will have a lot of new content.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-12-2005, 06:29 PM   #26
Jack Bauer loves you

Yeah, I've traded in the console versions of games for the PC versions later on. Like Morrowwind, since it included both of the expansions as well. And I like playing FPS type of games with a mouse anyway.

Well, also, I traded in my consoles, too, so that might have something to do with it.

Is Fable actually coming out for PC? I thought that was just someone's wishful thinking...
Old 06-12-2005, 06:30 PM   #27
SamNMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Okay guys, I hope you all got that hilarity off your chests and can now move on.

For me, I want only one copy of a game, no matter how orgasmically awesome it is. Why? because for the other $100 otherwise spent on two other copies for two other platforms, I could buy two OTHER games. Ever thought of it that way, SamNMax?
Let me show you my game collection:

http://users.ign.com/collection/chickmagnet2888

I didn't buy any of these. My brother did. I've always worried about him and his spending habits. I'm not crazy, he is.

Last edited by SamNMax; 06-12-2005 at 06:36 PM.

Old 06-12-2005, 06:37 PM   #28
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
Let me show you my game collection:

http://users.ign.com/collection/chickmagnet2888

Less than half of these games are mine. They're my brother's. I've always worried about him and his spending habits. I'm not crazy, he is.
Combined, you both are the game publishers' wet dream come true. The ultimate American consumer.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-12-2005, 06:39 PM   #29
SamNMax

The reason he bought them all is because it makes him feel good. It's a drug. He's addicted. Me, I'm currently just focusing on adventures.

Old 06-12-2005, 06:39 PM   #30
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNMax
The reason he bought them all is because it makes him feel good. It's a drug. He's addicted.
Frightening, that.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:43 PM   #31
SamNMax

Better video games than cocaine, I suppose.

Old 06-12-2005, 06:44 PM   #32
merely human

Yes. Less frightening, then.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:37 AM   #33
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

S N M - How old is your brother? Does he want to make a career out of making games? Or be like that guy who plays them for money?

Lynsie
Old 06-13-2005, 06:53 AM   #34

Keep in mind that these consoles came out years ago and there are tons of great games released on each platforms so I don't think his list is that huge, some titles are missing.

I'm more worried about his username, why did he chose that?!
Old 06-13-2005, 07:19 AM   #35
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

That collection isn't too insane. Check out Tanukitsune's (I mispelled that nick, I'm sure) from these forums. I'm pretty sure my collection is bigger, and I'm only an intermittent buyer. WE'RE BIGGER LOSERS THAN YOU! YOU SUCK AT LOSERISHNESS!

()
Old 06-13-2005, 07:52 AM   #36
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Here's a constantly outdated list of mine (over 300).

And that's just PC games.

So you're not quite a loser yet .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 06-13-2005, 12:05 PM   #37
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGA
That collection isn't too insane. Check out Tanukitsune's (I mispelled that nick, I'm sure) from these forums. I'm pretty sure my collection is bigger, and I'm only an intermittent buyer. WE'RE BIGGER LOSERS THAN YOU! YOU SUCK AT LOSERISHNESS!

()
Nope, you got it right!
Does this make me the King of Loserville?
I've hit 1600+...
Old 06-14-2005, 01:41 AM   #38
Life and times of...

Hmm... He calls himself chickmagnet2888
Old 06-14-2005, 01:59 AM   #39
How am I not myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanukitsune
Nope, you got it right!
Does this make me the King of Loserville?
I've hit 1600+...
You know you're on the verge of having too many games when your collection of 12 Xbox games constitutes under 1% of your total enterprise

Last edited by Glenn Epic; 06-14-2005 at 03:56 AM.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:11 AM   #40
pain is love

None of you guys is a loser. Not just because you have a few hundred games. I don't buy so much games, but I do have a few hundred of music CDs, so I can relate. Everybody has his own little luxury, and if it's having 3 copies of a mediocre game, then so be it.

There are more old drunks then old doctors. - Willie Nelson

by_100ja