You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Knights of the Old Republic

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2005, 02:43 PM   #21
rio
Custom User Title

I'm playing through it now and having a great time, one thing I've heard consistently is that HK-47 is the best part of the game and I'm wondering where he is so I don't miss him.

Any help people?
Old 03-26-2005, 02:57 PM   #22
SamNMax

Spoiler:
Try Tatooine

Old 03-26-2005, 03:07 PM   #23
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by rio
...one thing I've heard consistently is that HK-47 is the best part of the game and I'm wondering where he is so I don't miss him.
I dunno if he's the BEST part of the game, but certainly one of the most enjoyable.

Don't worry, you'll find him. The game will not progress anyway until you do. Listen to NPCs, talk to everyone, you'll be nudged in the direction to find him. But if you do want to find him earlier on make sure you have at least 2500 in credits and some persuade skills. I don't remember if it's possible to kill anyone for him, but if so it's Dark Side points.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-26-2005, 03:09 PM   #24

Well actually it is possible to completely skip HK and finish the game anyway. You'll have to butcher a whole village though.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:15 PM   #25
merely human

Well, that's up to you. But I was saying that the game will nudge you in the direction of HK.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-26-2005, 06:48 PM   #26
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

It's possible to threaten someone to receive him for free iirc.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:10 AM   #27
Knowledgeable

Send a message via ICQ to ragnar Send a message via MSN to ragnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleto4_ryan
You really should play 2...you will find a really deeper story and the dark and light side options are equal and perfect balanced.
(and when you finish it read the actual ending in the net... )
Yes, I will play the second at some point. Probably mid April or something like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
And I'm waiting patiently for Jade Empire, Bioware's next release.
It's unfortunate it won't come out on PC, so I wait for the follow up to Neverwinter Nights. Oh, and I should finish NWN too sometime. It's a bloody big game and I'm currently stuck with an Iron Golem that is very hard to kill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
Spoiling criticism of late in the game:
Spoiler:
What was with the ridiculous amount of Sith troopers and Dark Jedi on the decks of Star Forge? Is it to make sure the player is levelled up for Malak? It felt idiotic, just wave after wave of the same bad guys. Turns out there are ways to get round it, but it just felt like a big waste of time, and got in the way when the plot was building towards a dramatic finale.
Spoiler:
Yes, I strongly detest such things. It is very often that game designers seem to think that it will get much more fun if you have to fight a billion guys of the same sort.

Read my adventure game reviews here
Blaskan
Dragon Go Server
Ragnar Ouchterlony