You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Garry's Mod for HL2

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2005, 08:10 PM   #1

Default Garry's Mod for HL2

I've just installed this tiny gem and I must say this may be even more fun than HL2 alltogether! It's not so much a game as it is a playground, which enables you to create stuff from scratch (or well, poles and barrels and working wheels, virtually any *object* really) and play around with the Source engine, the way it was intended Imagine making rocket cars from gas canisters, wheels and a softdrink machine, or a giant floating platform hanging from balloons, or create funny poses (and facial expressions) out of HL2 characters - the options are endless, and its learning curve is like 5 minutes.

If you liked LEGO, you'll love this

Download Link 1
Download Link 2

From the website:
Quote:
So you've played Half-Life 2... and you loved it. Now you want to mess around with the physics. This is what my mod is for. I wanted to mess around with the physics too and that's why I made this mod. You could say that I made this mod just to mess around with the physics - but then released it to the public. PHYSICS.

So, what do you want to do? Do you want to..
So, has anyone else tried it out yet?

Last edited by jjacob; 01-31-2005 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:14 PM   #2
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

It's incredibly fun I hope someone builds a Junkyard Wars-style team deathmatch mod based on this sort of gameplay.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 01-31-2005, 08:27 PM   #3
Citizen of Bizarro World

My cousin is a huge forum addict over at halflifesource.com, and he uses Garry's mod to make these crazy comic books with weird martial arts moves and kick-ass one liners that only Guybrush Guy could've spelled out worse! (edit: and, just to clarify, he posts these comics up at the forums as his pride and joy )

Here's an idea though: one could use this mod to make an amateur adventure game--motion capturing characters in various poses and incorporating them into ags. You could even use hl2 locations as backgrounds, the game looks good enough.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem

Last edited by Maquisard; 01-31-2005 at 10:48 PM.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:17 PM   #4
No justice. Only me.

I've fiddled around with this mod myself. I had a lot of fun devising various torture devices for the characters, mostly variations on the basic concept of the Rack. I also had the great pleasure of taking a large dumpster AND FILLING IT UP ENTIRELY WITH WATERMELONS!

I then took the G-man, attached balloons to his head and let him drift way up high. Then I did "Remove All Balloons," and he took a five-hundred foot dive into the DUMPSTER FILLED WITH WATERMELONS!

His impact caused so many watermelons to break at once that the game crashed trying to deal with all the individual fragments. It was fun while it lasted.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:02 PM   #5
guybrush_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mares
My cousin is a huge forum addict over at halflifesource.com, and he uses Garry's mod to make these crazy comic books with weird martial arts moves and kick-ass one liners that only Guybrush Guy could've spelled out worse!
Mares

i tryed this mod and i like it a lot, it's realy cool on what you can do.

Old 02-02-2005, 09:13 PM   #6
Citizen of Bizarro World

HA! Knew that would catch your eye, what with you reading all the posts!
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem