You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General What games are you gonna get for this XMAS?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2004, 04:20 PM   #1
Homer of Kittens

Default What games are you gonna get for this XMAS?

I'm getting POP Warriors within on the PC and if I have enough dough, GTA:SA

Firefox rules
Old 11-15-2004, 04:41 PM   #2
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Right now the only game I really have my eye on is Metal Gear Solid 3. And maybe I'll pick up the GBA version of Donkey Kong too.

mag
Old 11-15-2004, 04:49 PM   #3
merely human

Most likely KoTOR II for Xbox. All the others I want (Call of Cthulhu, Fahrenheit, etc.) come out next year.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-15-2004, 07:31 PM   #4

So far, the games I've decided on asking for Christmas are Half-Life 2, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, and Nancy Drew: The Curse Of Blackmoor Manor.

I need to ask you guys something. I've been reading great reviews for Half-Life 2 on different Web Sites, and I was wondering if my gaming system is going to be able to run it. The minimum system requirements are 1.2 ghz, 256Mb of RAM, and a Directx 7 Compatible graphics card. I own a 1.3 ghz, a GeForce 5200 3D Card which has 128 MB of RAM in it, and a Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer. Is that going to be enough to run it, or should I wait until next year to upgrade my computer so I can buy it. I'm still in the middle of the original Half-Life, and it's a pretty intense game, but I am definitely liking it.

I'm still deciding on other games I want to play, though, so my Christmas List isn't done yet.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:56 PM   #5
No justice. Only me.

I broke down and bought HL2 myself today instead of waiting for Christmas. Ah well. Of course, that means that for Christmas, I'm free to ask for games like KOTOR 2, POP: Warrior Within, and Moment of Silence.

GTA: San Andreas will be a birthday present if I'm lucky. My birthday's in April and I don't think that it's going to be out for PC by then.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:05 PM   #6
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack
I need to ask you guys something. I've been reading great reviews for Half-Life 2 on different Web Sites, and I was wondering if my gaming system is going to be able to run it. The minimum system requirements are 1.2 ghz, 256Mb of RAM, and a Directx 7 Compatible graphics card. I own a 1.3 ghz, a GeForce 5200 3D Card which has 128 MB of RAM in it, and a Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer. Is that going to be enough to run it, or should I wait until next year to upgrade my computer so I can buy it. I'm still in the middle of the original Half-Life, and it's a pretty intense game, but I am definitely liking it.
Crank up your RAM to at least 512MB. Sadly you of course won't get the maximum bells and whistles, but ultimately the HL series has never depended on nothing but its pretty face (like Doom 3 does). So you are cool.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-15-2004, 08:34 PM   #7
Resident AG Ninja

Send a message via ICQ to TigerShard Send a message via AIM to TigerShard

I probably won't be buying any game this Christmas, but my brother will probably get me something. He usually buys me an RPG, but this year I have no clue what he will get me.

"Intution tells me how to live my day. Intuition tells me when to walk away. Could have turned left, could have turned right, but I ended up here, bang, in the middle of a real life" - Natalie Imbruglia 'Intuition'
Old 11-15-2004, 08:43 PM   #8
merely human

Tell him to get you KoTOR II. Or Bloodlines!
Old 11-15-2004, 09:01 PM   #9
Resident AG Ninja

1) I don't have an Xbox so no KOTOR II (I've tried KOTOR I, but don't have it)

2) He usually buys me a console game, not PC

I am totally up for being surprised. Anyway, it is the thought that counts

"Intution tells me how to live my day. Intuition tells me when to walk away. Could have turned left, could have turned right, but I ended up here, bang, in the middle of a real life" - Natalie Imbruglia 'Intuition'
Old 11-15-2004, 10:12 PM   #10

I just bought myself Rollercoaser Tycoon 3. For Christmas, I'm hoping for Myst IV and Jak 3. If I don't get them, I'll buy them.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:54 PM   #11
valadis 7

Default games to buy for the christmas

the most propably games that i will be in this period might be the Moment of Silence, Half Life2 and Lord of the rings - the battle for middle earth. i dont know of cource if some of them had had already released in some countries as here in Greece we have serious delays.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:13 AM   #12
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Hmm for the Christmas holidays, I've got plans to buy at least some of these: Scrapland, Pirates, Moment of Silence and Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.

Actually I've already tried to buy Scrapland for about 1 1/2 weeks already, but the damn dvdboxoffice.com Verified by Visa service doesn't seem to work correctly...
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:15 AM   #13
Evil Webmaster

Kotor II is probably gonna be a christmas present, for myself I'm gonna get Pirates! (I can't resist Collector's Editions... *sigh*), PoP: Warrior Within and maybe the expansion pack for Painkiller, but I've heard it's been delayed.

And yeah Myst IV, I was supposed to get it this week but I can't. Damn.
So there you go
Old 11-16-2004, 07:37 AM   #14
Adventure Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
I'm getting POP Warriors within on the PC and if I have enough dough, GTA:SA
I don't think anything that I'm interested on will be out in December 2004.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:34 AM   #15
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Believe it or not, but I will probably not get any games for christmas this year.

Might be because I didn't put any on my wish list...

I am waiting for next year to get new games.d And after all, my birthday is in February (and you probably can guess which day it is, if I tell you that it is a well-known day), so maybe I get some then.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 11-16-2004, 10:08 AM   #16
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcreteRancor
I broke down and bought HL2 myself today instead of waiting for Christmas. Ah well. Of course, that means that for Christmas, I'm free to ask for games like KOTOR 2, POP: Warrior Within, and Moment of Silence.

GTA: San Andreas will be a birthday present if I'm lucky. My birthday's in April and I don't think that it's going to be out for PC by then.
How much did it cost? I am not buying it if it's $55. I was burnt with DOOM 3 when I bought it for 55 the first day it came out, and it went down to 49 the next week. I'm not falling for that again.

Firefox rules
Old 11-16-2004, 10:10 AM   #17
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
Believe it or not, but I will probably not get any games for christmas this year.

Might be because I didn't put any on my wish list...

I am waiting for next year to get new games.d And after all, my birthday is in February (and you probably can guess which day it is, if I tell you that it is a well-known day), so maybe I get some then.

-
Come on man this is the year of great games. I mean every console and the PC have their land mark games. Halo 2, Half Life 2, GTA: SA, Metal Gear Solid 3, Ratchet and Clank, Jak 3, POP, KOTOR 2. How can you resists?

Firefox rules
Old 11-16-2004, 10:20 AM   #18
Resident AG Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Come on man this is the year of great games. I mean every console and the PC have their land mark games. Halo 2, Half Life 2, GTA: SA, Metal Gear Solid 3, Ratchet and Clank, Jak 3, POP, KOTOR 2. How can you resists?
I find it really sad that all the "great' games this season are sequels... another reason to MoS, it is original

Old 11-16-2004, 10:48 AM   #19
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerShard
I find it really sad that all the "great' games this season are sequels... another reason to MoS, it is original
Well I guess you can't please everyone. Everyone wants Sam and Max 2 and Grim Fandengo 2 and BGE 2. But then when you do make a sequel like Halo 2 and Half life 2, people say, oh no, not another sequel

Firefox rules
Old 11-16-2004, 11:45 AM   #20
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
And after all, my birthday is in February (and you probably can guess which day it is, if I tell you that it is a well-known day)
Or I can just look at your profile and see that it's February 14.

So your birthday is Valentine's Day, huh? That must be...confusing.

mag