You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude - Uncut & Uncensored

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2004, 06:32 AM   #1
Hardcore Adventurer

Default Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude - Uncut & Uncensored

Hi,

I've read that there's a new pc game of LSL which is: Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude - Uncut & Uncensored.

I was wondering: is the European (PAL) PS2 game of Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude (which is soon coming) identical and has the same new feature of the new pc game of Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude - Uncut & Uncensored?

If not, what is there different between the PAL PS2 game of LSL:MCM to the new pc game of LSL:MCM - U&U?

Thanks.
Old 10-27-2004, 07:17 AM   #2

I seen a patch on a website for full nudity but i and most of the people on here would say that they dont care about that, most people buy LSL games for the classic jokes, which i heard MCL dosent bring
Old 10-27-2004, 08:18 AM   #3
fov
Rattenmonster

Welcome to the forum, Tidus.

I don't know if there's a difference between the two games. I had heard the European version wouldn't be censored but that was a rumor, I don't know if it was true...

I am going to transfer this thread into General Gaming because I think we've established LSL: MCL isn't really an adventure.

-emily
Old 10-27-2004, 08:42 AM   #4
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Welcome to the forum, Tidus.

I don't know if there's a difference between the two games. I had heard the European version wouldn't be censored but that was a rumor, I don't know if it was true...

I am going to transfer this thread into General Gaming because I think we've established LSL: MCL isn't really an adventure.

-emily
That all depends on how you define adventure games. Or is it how you "describe" adventure games?

mag
Old 10-27-2004, 09:09 AM   #5
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

I've played MCL. While it's nothing like the original games in term of gameplay, the humour and style are very much true to the other games, and it's well worth playing if you're a fan of the series. Just don't go expecting a classic-style adventure game.

I played the American version, which came censored ("censored" bars over the genitals when Larry seduces the woman, basically). I used a hack to remove the censoring myself (wasn't really worth the effort, to be honest ). I guess the European version will just be the same as the hacked version is...
Old 10-27-2004, 10:55 AM   #6
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag
That all depends on how you define adventure games. Or is it how you "describe" adventure games?
A few weeks ago I stubbornly refused to move a MCL thread into General Gaming because, regardless of the reports to the contrary, I kept insisting beyond all reason that LSL: MCL had *something* to do with adventures. I was accused of falling asleep on the job.

Just can't win with you guys...
Old 10-27-2004, 11:08 AM   #7
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

I think this move is a complete rip-off. First they delay it in order to censor it, poor people think, that's best they're gonna get, buy the thing and then out of nowhere publisher decides to release full uncensored version.
I'd return the game to store and ask for uncensored game or my money back.

Bloody thieves!
Old 10-27-2004, 11:17 AM   #8
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
I think this move is a complete rip-off.
Are you surprised? This IS Vivendi we're talking about...
Old 10-27-2004, 11:18 AM   #9

I went to the website (www.larryuncut.com), and the trailer is pretty disturbing. I can't help but feel bad for those who purchases this version of the game because of the nudity (which seems to be it's strongest selling point).
Not only is it disturbing to watch cartoon characters have sex, but internet, anyone?
Old 10-27-2004, 12:31 PM   #10
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
A few weeks ago I stubbornly refused to move a MCL thread into General Gaming because, regardless of the reports to the contrary, I kept insisting beyond all reason that LSL: MCL had *something* to do with adventures. I was accused of falling asleep on the job.

Nope. Never.

mag
Old 10-27-2004, 01:28 PM   #11

Send a message via MSN to Sjnuffelke

well if it doesn't have the witty remarks of the previous parts of Larry
then it just doesn't seem a great game at all
Old 10-27-2004, 01:35 PM   #12
Resident AG Ninja

Send a message via ICQ to TigerShard Send a message via AIM to TigerShard

I heard that if you have the censored version of MCL for PC, all you have to do is change a setting in the configuration file to make it uncensored.

Not that I will every play a LSL game, I just ran across this another video game website.

"Intution tells me how to live my day. Intuition tells me when to walk away. Could have turned left, could have turned right, but I ended up here, bang, in the middle of a real life" - Natalie Imbruglia 'Intuition'
Old 10-27-2004, 02:34 PM   #13
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

Sort of. You need to use a hex editor to change one value in one of the game's files (something like NudityOn...) from 0 to 1.
Old 10-27-2004, 02:42 PM   #14
Resident AG Ninja

Send a message via ICQ to TigerShard Send a message via AIM to TigerShard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGA
Sort of. You need to use a hex editor to change one value in one of the game's files (something like NudityOn...) from 0 to 1.
From Ve3d.com:

"If you've got the PC version you can apparently change 'uncensored' to '1,' in your user.ini, instead of buying it again, if you were really entertaining the idea."

Usually the user.ini is editable using plain old Notepad.

"Intution tells me how to live my day. Intuition tells me when to walk away. Could have turned left, could have turned right, but I ended up here, bang, in the middle of a real life" - Natalie Imbruglia 'Intuition'
Old 10-27-2004, 03:53 PM   #15
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag
Indeed.

I'm still waiting to hear what genre someone thinks MCL belongs to if not adventure.

Funny move, really, to release the uncensored version. It'll add absolutely nothing of value to the game, but I guess they're hoping a bit of controversy will bump sales. They're probably right.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:02 PM   #16
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerShard
From Ve3d.com:

"If you've got the PC version you can apparently change 'uncensored' to '1,' in your user.ini, instead of buying it again, if you were really entertaining the idea."

Usually the user.ini is editable using plain old Notepad.
Odd, because there's no user.ini in or anywhere near my Larry folder... The method I described was the only one I could find when I looked, maybe they changed it for later/other country versions, who knows...
Old 10-28-2004, 08:55 AM   #17
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov

Told you so.

What's this thread still doing in Adventure Gaming btw?
Old 10-28-2004, 09:20 AM   #18
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsius
What's this thread still doing in Adventure Gaming btw?
Eh, it's old. (Don't you dare bump that thread...)

emily
Old 10-28-2004, 10:09 AM   #19
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Eh, it's old. (Don't you dare bump that thread...)
*Slowly moves the mouse pointer on top of the big post reply button in the thread in question*

Nah. You have enough work with us as it is.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:28 PM   #20

I had this game sucked.