You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Demo released

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2004, 06:20 AM   #1

Default Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Demo released

http://www.filerush.com/download.php...=POP2_Demo.zip
http://www.gamershell.com/news/17934.html
http://www.3dgamers.com/news/more/1096480070/

Quote:
A playable demo of Prince of Persia: Warrior Within is now available, allowing you to experience the upcoming third-person acrobat action sequel by Ubi Soft Montreal. This massive multi-language demo contains an already familiar intro movie and (at least) one level situated on the ship from that movie, which also serves a tutorial.
Old 10-15-2004, 07:15 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Sirus

Damn. This is a big file.
Old 10-15-2004, 07:17 AM   #3

i wish i didn't have dial up 56k modem
Old 10-15-2004, 07:50 AM   #4

Did anybody download it?
I'm wondering if it is worth the download. These sorts of games are better served whole, anyway.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:08 AM   #5
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I just started to dl the demo.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:11 AM   #6
Knowledgeable

Send a message via ICQ to ragnar Send a message via MSN to ragnar

Downloading as we speak write.

Read my adventure game reviews here
Blaskan
Dragon Go Server
Ragnar Ouchterlony
Old 10-15-2004, 09:09 AM   #7
merely human

Awesome! Thank you, funcroc. Since I have a bandwidth cap I don't expect to have this for another few days . Ah well. Will wait til Gigex has it, their download manager is pretty good.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-15-2004, 09:12 AM   #8

Send a message via AIM to Sirus

The game crashed after the tutorial, but I'll give my take on it. Awesome. Lots of combat. None of the Sands of Time crap. I'm suprised I liked it, 'cause I hated Sands of Time.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:26 AM   #9

I'm worried, cause I really liked Sands of Time... and that goth bimbo concept art I saw for this looked rather stupid.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:39 AM   #10
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo
I'm worried, cause I really liked Sands of Time... and that goth bimbo concept art I saw for this looked rather stupid.
You too, eh? She looks like she was automatically pulled out of some anti-social bad hygiened horny RPG male nerd's arse. Typical.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-15-2004, 11:06 AM   #11

Well I played it for maybe 2 minutes and really didn't care for it. But it's not really because of the game itself, it's just that it's the kind of game I really can't play using a keyboard and mouse. I'll probably just pick it up for X-box like I did with PoP:The Sands of Time.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:08 AM   #12
guybrush_guy

412 mb, damn!
thats a big demo...i'll just get it using my gamespot private FTP

Old 10-15-2004, 11:10 AM   #13
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Ok, here's my first thoughts about the game demo.

When the game started I was a little, just a teeny weeny bit put off by the heavy metal menu music, even though I like heavy metal music very much, it didn't immediately appeal to me as a PoP music.
Then was the time to start the game, intro sequence featured a little bit more tradional music like PoP:SoT had.

The first level is just a tutorial, learning how to use the new fighting system, it's a bit weird at first but I learned it quite fast. The rewind system is still there but it's different than what it was in SoT. The camera control was "locked" or something like that in the first level. The sound world was strange in the first level, everything was like muted except the music.

In the second level, the camera control was normal, and the beginning of the level kind of reminded me of PoP:SoT demo's start level.

It's quite fun to use those different weapons and combo moves, the game promises to have about 60 different weapons.

But both me and my friend encountered a strange problem in the second level boss fight, the enemy suddenly went into a corner and became "invisible", I couldn't hit him and he wouldn't hit me also. So I couldn't pass the level...

I really have to say now that I've played the demo, I don't like the goth chick idea.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:10 AM   #14
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChimp
Well I played it for maybe 2 minutes and really didn't care for it. But it's not really because of the game itself, it's just that it's the kind of game I really can't play using a keyboard and mouse. I'll probably just pick it up for X-box like I did with PoP:The Sands of Time.
I had no problems whatsoever with the keyboard setup of the PC demo of SOT.

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 10-15-2004 at 11:32 AM.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:18 AM   #15
Knowledgeable

Send a message via ICQ to ragnar Send a message via MSN to ragnar

The problem was the camera control, which could get strange sometimes. Especially in tight corners etc. so you can't run straight, but it's essential that you do run straight. A bit frustrating.

Read my adventure game reviews here
Blaskan
Dragon Go Server
Ragnar Ouchterlony
Old 10-15-2004, 11:33 AM   #16
guybrush_guy

gamespot does'nt have it yet
the quickest way for me to get it is threw bittorrent and it's only downloading at 20KBs

Old 10-15-2004, 01:23 PM   #17
Evil Webmaster

My first thoughts were: 'Wow that's one way to make a sequel!'

Then: 'Well, I see that this is really a sequel...'

And in the end: 'Damn, this is a sequel!'.

They really went for the dark side of the character and of the game, I'm surprised nobody mentioned that yet. I mean, the 'old' prince would never call someone, a woman nonethless, 'b*tch'. Nor would he meet her with something like 'you're sick, you need help'. Campy, and I like it.

Unfortunately the SOT control feeling that I didn't like is back, with all of it's hateful little things. For example, you still fall to the ground and it takes forever to get up. When the prince blocks an attack, it takes him forever to stop blocking and counterattack. And so forth and so on.

Also the second boss is clearly bugged. It happened to me more than twice that while I was trying to put away my weapons (to run better), he disappeared and reappeared in another corner of the room. Maybe he has some supernatural powers, but it doesn't strike as being so. Anyway I couldn't get to kill him, will try again tomorrow. Maybe using a joypad, since even though I had no probs with SOT, this demo really freaked my keyboard and mouse configuration.

All in all, it's a more action oriented and darker prince of persia, as we all expected. And maybe, and I say MAYBE, it will be better. But I mean that in campy way, so I can see that this is not gonna appeal to everyone.
So there you go
Old 10-15-2004, 01:41 PM   #18
guybrush_guy

anyone who's interested, can find a smaller size download at gamestop. the size is reducided in half to about 210 megs

Old 10-15-2004, 01:45 PM   #19
merely human

gamestop? weird. are they download manager friendly?
Old 10-15-2004, 03:05 PM   #20
guybrush_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
gamestop? weird. are they download manager friendly?
woops!
sorry about that, i ment

gamespot