You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2004, 04:01 PM   #1

Default Gangland

Hey everyone, not sure if many have heard of this game, as it was developed by a little known company called MediaMobsters. At any rate, it's an RTS/RPG/SIM blend set to the stage of Mafia Warfare =D Heh, some have thought it to be a very cool game, others havn't liked it for whatever reason, but I personally find it to be very impressive, not to mention have one helluva badass soundtrack Just thought I'd pass that along to anyone who wants to try it out. If ya do, you can prolly grab the demo from here: http://www.gamershell.com/download_5149.shtml

Let's hear it

Timbo
Old 08-26-2004, 04:39 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo
Hey everyone, not sure if many have heard of this game, as it was developed by a little known company called MediaMobsters. At any rate, it's an RTS/RPG/SIM blend set to the stage of Mafia Warfare =D Heh, some have thought it to be a very cool game, others havn't liked it for whatever reason, but I personally find it to be very impressive, not to mention have one helluva badass soundtrack Just thought I'd pass that along to anyone who wants to try it out. If ya do, you can prolly grab the demo from here: http://www.gamershell.com/download_5149.shtml

Let's hear it

Timbo
I bought the game on the day of it's release, after I played the demo (I was hooked... ).
I think it's a pretty fun game, with a great soundtrack (as you mentioned). It gets a little repetitive, but I prefer it to 99.9% of the RTS games in the market (I'm not really the biggest fan of the genre).
Old 08-26-2004, 03:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funktion
I bought the game on the day of it's release, after I played the demo (I was hooked... ).
I think it's a pretty fun game, with a great soundtrack (as you mentioned). It gets a little repetitive, but I prefer it to 99.9% of the RTS games in the market (I'm not really the biggest fan of the genre).
Indeed. I've found the game is simply *incredible* when played against human opponents. You've got opposing players trying their damnedest to subvert the other players, while also managing their own business/taking over other player's business, managing international connection offers not to mention making sure your dudes stay alive throughout the fights O_O Heh, needless to say, those games have probably been some of the best games I've ever played that involve other human players

Timbo