You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2004, 06:46 PM   #1
Typo Queen

Default FFXI Crack

I have, sadly, lost my best friend for the past month to Final Fantasy 11-crack (like EverCrack). Is there any hope of her ever returning?

I have never played an MMORPG for fear of being irreversibly sucked in... I have lost a friend in the past to EverCrack.

What can I do?
Old 06-17-2004, 07:00 PM   #2
Friendly Server Admin

Heh... I've tried MMORPGs and I can't ever get into them long enough to pay the monthly fee. I've had City of Heroes for about a month now and I haven't really played much lately. They just don't hold my interest.

Last edited by tabacco; 06-17-2004 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:03 PM   #3
guybrush_guy

well, if your "best friend" would rather play FFXI then hang out with you,

would you consider that being a "best friend"?

i know that my fealings for my best friend are mutual and we would never pick a video game over each other. i understand that they might want to play the game more then a average game, but if it's inbeding your friendship with unfrendlike hazards then you should either talk to them or just get new friends.

and you'll always have friends on the adventuregamers forums

Last edited by guybrush_guy; 06-17-2004 at 09:08 PM.

Old 06-17-2004, 08:33 PM   #4
Friendly Server Admin

Good point
Old 06-17-2004, 10:19 PM   #5
After 2 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowLight
What can I do?
Why don't you pay her a visit...
you are in a
Dreamfall
Old 06-18-2004, 06:55 AM   #6
Typo Queen

Weeeeellllllll....

...seeing as how she's in Texas and I'm in Indiana, that might be hard....

She is my best friend but we usually talk online, and her online time is now spent in the game. I was half-joking with the topic, I didn't mean I'm really concerned about our friendship!
Old 06-18-2004, 09:32 AM   #7

If you are someone who can play a game for 15 hours straight without thinking about it or you have an obssesive or addictive personality, you might have a problem with MMOs. However, if you are truly worried about getting lost in a game, chances are, that will keep it from happening. Millions of people play MMOs without negitively impacting their lives, I'm sure your friend will be fine. Once the newness wears off they will be back to chatting with you. Or you could take the plunge and try it yourself.

Keep in mind, it's just a game and you will be fine.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:49 AM   #8
Typo Queen

Unfortunately, this will be the first FF game I will choose to pass on. I can't afford it right now, and I hate the idea that if I ever want to play it again, I'd have to pay the monthly fee. (Kimmie's playing so much because she wants to try to finish it in one month, although she's told me you never truly *finish* it.) Heck, she even offered to buy the game for me as a gift, but there are many other games I'd rather have.

I won't be getting Crystal Chronicles for quite some time either, probably not until the Game Cube's obsolete and you can pick one up for $20, or till it's emulated on the PC.

I can look forward to FFXII though. And I own Chronicles, (and Chrono Cross too) Origins, Tactics, and X-2 and haven't even played them yet. I have played some of X, but haven't finished it. I've got plenty of FF to keep me busy when I get a chance to play.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:45 AM   #9
Statement: Not a meatbag.

Send a message via AIM to Royal Fool Send a message via MSN to Royal Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowLight
(Kimmie's playing so much because she wants to try to finish it in one month, although she's told me you never truly *finish* it.)
Nope, Final Fantasy XI isn't any different from other MMOs in that aspect: You never 'finish' them, which is actually part of the appeal. It's an endless game that lasts for as long as you want to play it.

I'm a big fan of the Final Fantasy games myself (And Square-Enix's games in general) but I can't bring myself to play FFXI. That may be because I'm too busy beta testing World of WarCraft (), of course, but even if I wasn't I wouldn't buy FFXI.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:18 AM   #10
Professional Life Lover

Send a message via AIM to C_Knight Send a message via MSN to C_Knight

im really enjoying and this game and i am not addicted to it...some people are stronger then others 8-)
Old 06-21-2004, 04:14 PM   #11

I haven't played MMORPG's before but this one looks good, and I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan. However, I don't want to pay the money
Old 06-21-2004, 08:03 PM   #12
guybrush_guy

i whish that this game was avaible for download and then you could just pay the 13 bucks a month. I realy want to play but i dont wnat to spend the 40 bucks to find out that it's not to my likeing

Old 06-23-2004, 01:09 PM   #13
Escaped Monkey Island

This little article/post is a pretty funny look at the flaws of MMORPGs. It pretty much is all true.

http://www.lurid.org/archives/000338.html
Old 06-23-2004, 01:58 PM   #14
SamNMax

I too have Final Fantasy XI, but I never found MMORPGs to be very addictive.