You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Unreal Engine 3.0 screens

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2004, 09:03 AM   #1
Mostly absent

Default Unreal Engine 3.0 screens

Here are some screens of the new Unreal Engine. Drooling is allowed.*

*As long as you clean up afterwards.

Last edited by Mattsius; 05-14-2004 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-14-2004, 09:13 AM   #2

I would drool. I want to drool. Sadly the pictures are on gamespot and for some reason I've never been able to view any screenshot on that site, even button images are simply red crosses (I think it has something to do with my router/modem or my switch but being the exposed host on my network doesn't help, even tried tinkering with the cookie and java settings ) Anyone up for posting the pics here Me would be very grateful..
Old 05-14-2004, 09:27 AM   #3
guybrush_guy

the 3.0 looks ausome.

jjacob
i know how you feal, i had the same problem with gamespot for a wile, i reloased windows and it turnd out fine after that. make sure that you GIFF, JPEG, and BMP files are'nt being used by an other accessorie. you can check this buy going to folder option in tools at the top of a windows (not an IE windows but a regual winXP window) then click on file types make sure that the extensions i mentiond above are being used properyl, they should say somthing like "BMP bitmap image"
if it said somthing like "BMP AOL instant messinger" then thats most likey your problem.....

to change it click on open with at the bottom and then pick the program that should be associated with that extension.

NOTE* this is kinda dangerious if you dont know what your doing! make sure you know what your doing before you change any extension.

Old 05-14-2004, 09:30 AM   #4
merely human

Very pretty. Very shiny. Too bad I'm not as interested in Unreal these days. I haven't even finished my UT2003. Ah well.

jjacob, what's wrong? I didn't have any problem at viewing the screens, I just clicked 'View slideshow'.

Here's one screen. Notice the near infinite shades of brown. And you know, for a building almost totally wrecked, those bricks look awfully shiny. Mmmm....

platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-14-2004, 09:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
the 3.0 looks ausome.

jjacob
i know how you feal, i had the same problem with gamespot for a wile, i reloased windows and it turnd out fine after that. make sure that you GIFF, JPEG, and BMP files are'nt being used by an other accessorie. you can check this buy going to folder option in tools at the top of a windows (not an IE windows but a regual winXP window) then click on file types make sure that the extensions i mentiond above are being used properyl, they should say somthing like "BMP bitmap image"
if it said somthing like "BMP AOL instant messinger" then thats most likey your problem.....

to change it click on open with at the bottom and then pick the program that should be associated with that extension.

NOTE* this is kinda dangerious if you dont know what your doing! make sure you know what your doing before you change any extension.
Thanks for the help! I fully know what I'm doing but unfortunately this problem is a bit more complicated I tried *A LOT*, but needless to say I don't want to waste any more time on this problem as it only affects gamespot.com..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
jjacob, what's wrong? I didn't have any problem at viewing the screens, I just clicked 'View slideshow'.

Here's one screen. Notice the near infinite shades of brown. And you know, for a building almost totally wrecked, those bricks look awfully shiny. Mmmm....

The bastards singled you out, didn't they?
I could watch the slideshow but those red X get surprisingly dull after say 5 minutes Yeah I guess they destroyed my ability to view their images, those bastards..

edit: here's a screenshot of my inability to view screenshots

Last edited by jjacob; 05-14-2004 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-14-2004, 09:40 AM   #6
merely human

The bastards singled you out, didn't they?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-14-2004, 10:12 AM   #7
guybrush_guy

maybe you ned a gamespot basic member ship to view "exclusive screenshots"

Old 05-14-2004, 10:18 AM   #8
Mostly absent

I had a similar problem at GameSpot before. I could look at the screens that were inserted in previews and reviews, meaning single pictures, but I couldn't look at the screenshot indexes. It was my firewall who blocked the pics, so I just changed my settings and now it's working fine.
Old 05-14-2004, 10:33 AM   #9
guybrush_guy

what kind of router was it? i had a linksys 4port router.

(i hate linksys, i've had to replace 2 of them so far....i bought my first one about 1.5 years ago and it died on me, dont know why. never touched the damn thing and was always dust free. then i bought the sam router agin and it died on me the same way the last one did. now i have a wireless router which is a linksys, gift from parents. it has'nt died on me yet but i'm sure it will sooner or later)

Old 05-14-2004, 11:23 AM   #10
Fum
Indegan Peningald

I've been having allot of random problems with GameSpot for awhile, but thankfully you don't need to fight your way through server and scripting errors to check out the sweet screens, as the Unreal Technology page has them posted as well: http://www.unrealtechnology.com/html...ogy/ue30.shtml

I'm currently using the one with the shiny bird statue as my background, it looks damn good. A worthy replacement to my custom made Dreamfall wallpaper.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trep
I haven't even finished my UT2003.
:eek:

You actually bothered with the singleplayer tournament? Me and my mates just kept playing the Egyptian bombing run level and the odd CTF over LAN... that was fun. UT2004 with its assault and Onslaught mode is great fun as well, although I really can't see the point of playing these games against the AI.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:08 PM   #12
merely human

Oh, don't get me wrong. I did end up abandoning the s/p and jumping into m/p. But for some reason I got thoroughly disinterested in the whole thing. Love the taunts, though. I love that scratchy-ass female voice when she says: "You whore!"
Old 05-14-2004, 12:25 PM   #13
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Very pretty. Very shiny. Too bad I'm not as interested in Unreal these days. I haven't even finished my UT2003. Ah well.
Well, the Unreal Engine is used in many other games also, so I believe it's in your interest that the screens look great (and call for one hell of a PC to run the shit, but that's irrelevant. ).
Old 05-14-2004, 12:27 PM   #14
merely human

I just wish some adventure game devs would license it. That would be awesome, if only from a graphics standpoint.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:28 PM   #15
guybrush_guy

it's a good thing that PC parts are getting cheeper and cheeper. i'm going to be getting the ati radeon X800 XT soon, yep, thats rite i'm willing to fork over 400 bucks for the damn thing. it's going to be worth it.
it's strange becuase i dont play that many super hipower games, i just want it for the bragging writes

Old 05-14-2004, 12:38 PM   #16
Fum
Indegan Peningald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo
:eek:

You actually bothered with the singleplayer tournament? Me and my mates just kept playing the Egyptian bombing run level and the odd CTF over LAN... that was fun. UT2004 with its assault and Onslaught mode is great fun as well, although I really can't see the point of playing these games against the AI.
It's not about the SP or MP, what UT is really about it the insane instant action Instagib godlike bot deathmatches. Every night I play through as many of these matches as I can before I pass out from the intensity. Now that's what I call a good time.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:32 PM   #17

Like I said, without the fun of hearing your friends yell "You bastard!" from across the room/hall, I just don't see the point.
Old 05-14-2004, 02:05 PM   #18
Umbilicus Mundi

Those screens look awful (the colors, the shining etc.), but the amount of polys is impressive.

I'd like to try one of those newer Unreal Editors some day. The last one I've touched is Unreal Tournament.

Old 05-14-2004, 02:12 PM   #19
Citizen of Bizarro World

Those screens look awesome!
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 05-14-2004, 02:19 PM   #20
merely human

With obstacle courses?