You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Splinter Cell 3 announced

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2004, 09:55 AM   #1
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig
Default Splinter Cell 3 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisoft
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3: The New Face of Action Gaming

Los Angeles, USA - May 10, 2004 - Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, today announced that Ubisoft's Montreal studio is currently developing Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® 3 (Working Title), the next installment in the now-legendary Splinter Cell® franchise. The Splinter Cell® titles have consistently received some of industry's highest-ever review scores and most prestigious awards, and have sold, cumulatively, more than 6 million copies worldwide. Splinter Cell® 3 will be shown for the first time ever in a theater-style demo at Ubisoft's E3 booth -- #1046 in the South Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center, and is scheduled for a PC launch in late 2004. Details on other platforms will be forthcoming.

With Splinter Cell® 3, Ubisoft's celebrated Montreal development studio returns to the legendary Splinter Cell® franchise, for an action gaming breakthrough. With the first Splinter Cell®, Ubisoft redefined stealth action and set new standards for dynamic lighting; Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® Pandora Tomorrow delivered an online multiplayer experience that awed even jaded gamers, and Splinter Cell® 3 will continue the tradition of pushing the interactive and technological possibilities of video gaming. It will offer the best graphics in this generation of games, a completely immersive and interactive environment, innovative gameplay and a completely unique collaborative multiplayer experience. Splinter Cell® 3's features - all courtesy of cutting edge visual and sound technologies - will set an industry benchmark once again.

"With Splinter Cell® 3, the series evolves to give gamers a new kind of gameplay that ensures the Splinter Cell franchise will continue to set standards for the industry," said Yves Guillemot, President and CEO of Ubisoft. "We expect Splinter Cell® 3 to be the best-looking game on any platform, period, thanks to Ubisoft's incredible command of the latest technologies and visionary creativity - after all, we created the first Splinter Cell®, which completely redefined stealth action."

About Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® 3
The year is 2008. Information Warfare has evolved into the most dangerous threat to global stability. You are Sam Fisher, Third Echelon's most skilled Splinter Cell® operative. You are assigned to execute a hazardous series of operations to investigate and eliminate a new source of information attacks, originating in North Korea. To succeed, you will employ a host of unconventional counterintelligence activities to gather intel, disrupt enemy operations and neutralize adversary targets. As Information Warfare evolves, so must the Splinter Cell®. You must penetrate deeper into hostile territory and operate undetected, closer to the enemy than ever before. At your disposal is a lethal array of tactics ranging from Combat Knife techniques, experimental prototype weapons skills, and more radical hand-to-hand techniques such as the Inverted Chokehold. Experience the thrill of acting as a lone operative fighting tomorrow's threats in the field, and of cooperating online with a partner to accomplish crucial missions. Die in action, and the free world dies with you.
KEY GAMEPLAY FEATURES
DEADLY AGILITY: Incredibly complete and fluid variety of moves including athletic and stealth moves, as well as stealth kills
AS GOOD AS REAL: Never-before-seen graphics technology offers the best visuals ever to appear on any platform. Advanced physics engine allows rag doll physics, particle effects and perfect interaction with the environment
REAL WEAPONS OF TOMORROW: The most complete arsenal of weapons and gadgets, from the combat knife to experimental prototype combat systems
AMAZING REPLAYABILITY: Totally open level design with multipaths and optional secondary objectives
ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: Intelligent all-new A.I. with personal attributes, natural behavior where non-playable-characters are aware of their environment and remember past events
CO-OP STEALTH: Play multiplayer with a friend and coordinate your infiltration in an all new multiplayer challenge
THRILLING SCENARIO: Gut-wrenching in-game sequences. Gripping plot with multiple twists and turns

© 2004 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Splinter Cell, Sam Fisher, the Soldier Icon, Ubisoft, ubi.com, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries.

About Ubisoft:
Ubisoft is an international producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products. A leading company in the multimedia industry, Ubisoft's strong and diversified lineup has grown considerably, as has Ubisoft itself. As well as steadfastly continuing to partner with several high-profile companies, Ubisoft has also confirmed its presence on the global market by developing its own exceptional properties. Founded in 1986 in France, Ubisoft is now present on every continent, both through offices in 21 different countries including the United States, Morocco, Germany and China and through sales of products in over 50 countries. The group is dedicated to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers around the world. Ubisoft generated a turnover of 508 million euros for the 2003/2004 fiscal year, up 22.5% over the previous fiscal year. To learn more, visit www.ubi.com.

About Tom Clancy:
With over 80 million books sold, Tom Clancy is arguably the world's most recognized author. His works include fiction such as The Hunt for Red October, Clear and Present Danger, The Sum of All Fears, Rainbow Six, and the recently released The Teeth of the Tiger. Clancy also writes nonfiction works about weapons and various military units. Four of his books have already been adapted into highly successful feature films.
http://www.shacknews.com/screens.x/s...1/thumbs/1.jpg
http://www.shacknews.com/screens.x/s...1/thumbs/2.jpg
http://www.shacknews.com/screens.x/s...behind_you.jpg
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:08 AM   #2
merely human

Quote:
Totally open level design with multipaths...
I hope this means total non-linearity. Truly hope.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-10-2004, 11:15 AM   #3
Prove it all night

Send a message via MSN to James

looking good; they'll need to up the ante, to prevent the series going stale; non-linearity would be a good idea, difficult to pull off though.
"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." - Thomas Edward Lawrence
Old 05-10-2004, 11:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
I hope this means total non-linearity. Truly hope.
I guess not
Quote:
THRILLING SCENARIO: Gut-wrenching in-game sequences. Gripping plot with multiple twists and turns
but do hope
Old 05-11-2004, 06:47 AM   #5
delusions of adequacy

So pandora tomorrow wasn't by the original montreal team?
Now that they're getting a shot at a proper sequel how many of them are actually from the first in the series, I thought a few of them got headhunted and are no longer with Ubisoft.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in Milk
So pandora tomorrow wasn't by the original montreal team?

I think the original montreal team concentrated on the multiplayer section of Pandora Tomorrow, while they farmed out the singleplayer section...

Last edited by Mimus; 05-11-2004 at 07:36 AM.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:01 AM   #7
Hopeful skeptic

Actually, I don't think Montreal had anything to do with PT. Ubi's studio in China handled the single player, but I'm pretty sure it was their France studio that did the multiplayer.

Agreed that it's time to open up the gameplay for #3. I haven't minded the linearity so far, but time to take the next step.

Last edited by Jackal; 05-11-2004 at 08:45 AM.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:02 AM   #8

I bought Splinter Cell Xbox version when it came out. I loved it.
I cant stand the PC version of Splinter Cell 2. I dont know why, could be the controlls or other. Someone tell me why Splinter Cell 2 is not as good as the first. If you think it is atleast equal at the first , please tell me why. =)
Then I would probably buy it.

anyway, xbox is at its peak when sun has set and it is dark, the surround speakers are ready on high volume and the controlls are perfect suited for the game.