You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General The Urbz (Sims Spin-off)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2004, 05:32 AM   #1

Default The Urbz (Sims Spin-off)

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/strategy/theurbz/preview_6095001.html

It doesn't sound that cool.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:23 PM   #2
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

Meh. It's a good idea, but it sounds like it's pretty much a Sims expansion pack.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 05-04-2004, 03:12 PM   #3
No justice. Only me.

The Sims was never meant to be a console game in the first place. Seriously, the "unlock new furniture" aspect of the console versions would piss me off to no end.

If the sheer number of expansions wasn't evidence enough that EA is milking every cent they can out of this franchise, the console versions proved it. Whoever is doing The Sims marketing is genius though. No matter how transparent the motives were behind the most recent PC expansion "Makin' Magic", (cashing in on Harry Potter,) it still sold.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:35 PM   #4
Typo Queen

Exactly, I couldn't imagine The Sims as a console game. Which is why I haven't, and won't, get the console versions. And unlocking stuff...argh that would drive me crazy too.

Think about it: The original Sims game for PC cost $50. Each expansion (Living Large, House Party, Hot Date, Vacation, Unleashed, Superstar, and Makin' Magic) cost $30, if you don't count the deluxe and double-deluxe versions (which saved later players money, but ripped off loyal players by giving the newbies to the game exclusive content). That's 7 expansions at $30 each, for $210, plus the original game, for a grand total of $260. Not counting The Sims Online, which I also won't play because I don't like online games, it bombed, and it's too much money! And the console versions - all three major, plus the GBA. And The Sims 2 is set to come out this year, and will undoubtedly bring more expansions.

This reminds me of a rant I wrote about expansion packs when I was a member of the Mall Of The Sims (MOTS). I think I'll start a new thread here in General and share it.