You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Voice Recognition in Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2011, 02:16 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman
Default Voice Recognition in Gaming

Hi All,

I like to know about Voice Recognition in Gaming.............

I think few titles are released which support voice commands during the gameplay also there are few children learning games too.

Can anyone help me mentioning their names and any details.....

Thanks
Old 11-23-2011, 02:45 AM   #2

I don't have an Xbox but I think some of their Kinect games have voice recognition. I'm pretty sure Mass Effect 3 will.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:47 AM   #3
Life and times of...

The one I remember is Tom Clancy's EndWar. Troop movements or whatever can be given with voice commands. I don't know much about the game, you can find much more info googling, I'm sure
Old 11-23-2011, 07:21 AM   #4
Filmfreak

The Nintendo DS system has often used voice recognition.

IIRC, in Nintendogs you gave your dog commands by yelling them into the mic (things like "sit", "stay" and the likes).

One of the minigames in Brain Training asked you to speak the colour of a displayed word (representing a colour itself), for instance the word "yellow" would appear on the screen in blue, and you had to say "blue" into the mic.

The Phoenix Wright games allowed you to yell "Hold it!" or "Objection" as an alternative to using their designated buttons.

And while this isn't voice recognition, there have been several DS adventures that had you blowing into the mic to perform certain similar in-game actions. These often had you thinking out-of-the-box to solve them.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:33 AM   #5

Send a message via MSN to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman

There are few games and activities also released way back in 1998 with Pentium-III release......
Old 12-05-2011, 05:07 AM   #6

These are old and for PC.

The adventures of Pinnochio (1996) FMV game based on the movie and The Jungle Book , also based on the movie uses microphone to "interact" at certain points of the game. Not sure how it works though.

The old PC game from Microforum "Virtual Corporation" uses microphone.