You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Diablo III requires constant net connection even for playing single player..

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2011, 10:33 AM   #1

Default Diablo III requires constant net connection even for playing single player..

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/118/11...#disqus_thread

So anyone without a net connection is screwed. And not everyone plays Diablo online even if they could if they wanted to. Would it really be that hard to impliment an offline character ONLY option and an online character ONLY option?
Old 08-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #2

it gets worse

get an advantage by spending more real life money than other players... big negative in my opinion. but admittedly I was never much of a Diablo fan to begin with
non-adv: Dragon Age: Origins again and again...
Melody Gloucester Pegasus
Old 08-01-2011, 06:08 PM   #3
Schattenjäger

hmm, well the online-only part doesnt bother me at all. IMO the only reason to play D2 was multiplayer.
The money thing is tricky.... If what they said is true, and the real life money exchange is player-to-player only, then i dont think i have a problem with it. In fact, it would mean theyr providing a solution for somthing players would do anyway and often get cheated by scammers. At least now they can regulate it. Im betting they'll take a small fee on transactions though.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #4
delusions of adequacy

Read ID didn't survive the backlash so i'm interested to see if this does. I can see them caving and making it optional. If you want to play in a solo sandbox without any multiplayer. Not even local, thats ok.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:37 AM   #5

If they really do what they are saying then I will not buy the game. I don't understand why someone would buy items in a game. But thats just me.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:41 AM   #6

Still looking forward to it. The number of hours I've sunk into Diablo 2 is beyond count.

Although it's true,ever since World of Warcraft's overwhelming success, Blizzard has been getting increasingly greedy. How much can you feed the insatiable money cow that is WOW? Oh, well. Their games are quality though, and are thoroughly play-tested and optimized pre-release and that all that matters, eventually. (Can't vouch for WOW, though: never had any interest in MMOs)

I would really love if they continued their Lost Vikings franchise , and also made a sequel for Blackthorne: those games were ace!